1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA vs. WSMC Schedules

Discussion in 'General' started by trey_loco, Nov 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trey_loco

trey_loco Well-Known Member

Hey Mongo, when arranging dates for WERA west events, is any consideration given to the dates that local organizations have their events on? Just curious because 3 of 7 dates fall on WSMC weekends. Is there room for play or are you pretty limited in the dates you can secure from various tracks?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I give it a lot of consideration but have no control out there yet sorry. I was able to work with Las Vegas on a couple but Miller is a set deal as are the Cal Speedway and Buttonwillow ones.

3. trey_loco

trey_loco Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info......

Guess that's just how it goes!

4. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

Damn. It sure would be nice if WERA offered a reciprocity license. As it turns out, my $100 license I bought last year will only get me 1 race (Fontana in May '05). With so many conflicts with WSMC (and probably AFM, but I haven't checked) I bet a lot of racers are going to be discouraged from racing with WERA because of the fact they have to pay the full $100 for a license that they will only use once or maybe twice. My $120 2007 WSMC license provides me with **44** race and practice days, compared to the 13 days on the WERA West schedule.

WERA West needs bigger grids desperately right? The lack of reciprocity license sure isn't helping things IMO. It will probably keep me from racing with WERA next year. $100 for a 1-event license, plus $260? for Sat practice, plus race fees at Fontana makes for a stupid-expensive 1-off race weekend for me.

Just saying that if you want to increase grid sizes, you should make things more appealing for guys like me that race other West coast series but still want to do a few WERA races.

I think a 1-event $30 license would bring a lot more racers out.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2006
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll stick with running a better program as our draw :D

Seriously though, yes it might work short term and the one off license we've thought about but long term what we're doing is the best way to handle it.

6. Quig

Quig Well-Known Member

Well said Eric.

I've been thinking the same thing... especially in terms of the turnouts and the SKY HIGH practice fees.:(

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

WERA doesn't charge for practice on Sportsman weekends, it's included in your entry fees. I can't help what trackdays the day before our event charge as they are their own companies.

8. Quig

Quig Well-Known Member

I can understand your point.

However, I hope that you can see that those of us who pay $70 for WSMC practice are highly discouraged from coming and racing with WERA at Ca Speedway (for example) where the prior day trackday costs something like $260. I'm not implying you're responsible for this...

9. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

All Track days are expensive at California Speedway.

You don't have to do the track day before a race day. WERA gives you a couple of practice sessions on Sunday before the races.

I've raced there a couple of times and will be fine with Sunday practice only.

10. KK352

KK352 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

I'll stick to the organization that has a lower fatality rate and less crashes per weekend thank you...
    (not referring to WSMC)

Besides, with the new schedule.. the Saturday's will be a half day of practice... http://www.wera.com/pdf/summit091706.pdf (example) Then Sunday is a half day as well - for free!

There are only 2 races at Cal Speedway - if everyone doesn't like it so much, then don't race there. I think it's awesome to have races there for the people who race AMA as well - that's a lot of seat time and experience at a race track that is not terribly accessible.

11. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

WTF are you talking about?

I'm going to start my own racing organization. License fee is $1,000 per year. Saturday practice is $10,000. We'll race at Laguna Seca, which will make it worth the money. Money back guarantee that my organization will have the fewest fatalities and least crashes of any organization.

12. KK352

KK352 Well-Known Member

I'm not going to blast an organization on the forum. I have my own opinions and they are backed by my personal experiences, and news reports found on roadracingworld.com... 2004 was a very bad year....

I think WERA is awesome, and I will continue to race with them.

It's wonderful having numerous race orgs to choose from here in Calif - there's something for everyone of every budget and location.
    At this time I can only afford one organization, and WERA is my choice.

13. Quig

Quig Well-Known Member

Run better than WSMC? Yikes... Good luck making that argument.:crackup:

14. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

So what you're saying is you have no idea what you're talking about? How many fatalities has each racing org had? How many crashes have there been at each race event for each org?

I don't know what orgs you're talking about, but stating "facts" about fatalities and crashes without knowing what you're talking about is irresponsible. You said you're not talking about WSMC, so don't think that I'm getting all defensive of my home org.

15. Trent

Trent I just wanna ride motorcycles and eat pizza

AFM in 2004 had nine race weekends and two fatalities. Both fatalities were at Sears Point and the organization races at three tracks total (Buttonwillow, Thunderhill, and Sears).

Do we know WERA's number for 2004 by comparison?

16. KK352

KK352 Well-Known Member

I'm not going debate with you over who is better or who does what. I enjoy racing with WERA, I feel they do a good job in reference to our safety...

As for not knowing what I'm talking about... Here are the articles I was referring to.
    http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=20631
    http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=20630

I wanted to add that I applaud their efforts in purchasing air fence and introducing the Clubman races to their line up.

17. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

I'm done with this. This is some tacky shit you're doing.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It was a joke since I actually like all the people running the orgs out there. We're competition yes but we're still doing the same basic thing putting up with y'all ;)

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The more dead riders debate is over kids.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.