1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA vs. WSMC Schedules - Vol II

Discussion in 'General' started by trey_loco, Nov 30, 2006.

1. trey_loco

trey_loco Well-Known Member

First off...I think a discussion about the safety record of one org vs. another is a viable topic. However...using a body count as a way of measuring safety is not only immature, it's insulting and demeaning to the riders.

I started that thread to see what could be done to allow a rider on the West Coast to compete in both WSMC and WERA without missing dates from one due to the other. It's a shame it had to be jacked for such a nefarious purpose and eventually locked (with good cause).

I do agree that a reciprocity license is a viable option as are some of the others that Angel suggested, but that's up to WERA to decide.

Let's play nice fellas...what'd ya say?

2. TLTRIKSTER

TLTRIKSTER Well-Known Member

Doesn't WSMC grant reciprocity licenses? If so why not just pay in full for your WERA license and then get a reciprocity license from WSMC.

3. KK352

KK352 Well-Known Member

Yes...
    I apologize for starting something that turned so ugly. :eek:

4. trey_loco

I honestly don't know if they do or not. But I can give you a reason why that would not work for Angel or myself. WSMC is 12 events per year and we usually aim to attend all of them, so a full year license makes sense. WERA is 7 and not everyone can make them due to the variety of locations and/or cost, so a reciprocity license makes more sense for that situation.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't think any sanctioning body will accept anothers license more than once or twice during the year and even then it's rare if the two orgs are in direct competition.

We do it to be nice to riders who aren't in an area WERA races in if they're traveling and want to try another track/org. We don't use it as a method to draw in more riders. Should we? Dunno, for now I don't think so. I think we have a product that stands on it's own merits.

6. trey_loco

I agree with you Sean...after all..it is a business. But, I think the use or reciprocity licenses help cover that in between ground. People who compete at other orgs, but want to race certain tracks or what not, would benefit from a per instance license.

7. TLTRIKSTER

TLTRIKSTER Well-Known Member

Hey Mongo, since we are talking about WERA West, will you be running the solo races on Saturdays and if so, will the cost be the same as listed in the fees section or will it be different for us western folks.

8. aweather

aweather Well-Known Member

Turns out one of my WMRRA buddies was in town one of our WSMC weekends. We got him a bike but were unable to get a reciprocity license. WSMC only grants reciprocity to AFMers apparently. They did however allow him to get a one weekend license for $50 or so which is more or less the same thing as a rec license I think... Anyways personally I run the whole WSMC season and wouldn't mind mixing it up with a WERA race at Fontana. So for someone like me it would be more attractive if I could get a one weekend license or Rec license.

What about in the context of an endurance: if I had a group of riders from WSMC that wanted to run a WERA endurance race at Miller would each rider have to buy a license? I'm assuming it's no different from sprint races but I'm double checking because this is something we might try this coming season.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes we will be running Solo's, the 07 fees haven't been decided on yet.

As of right now, yes, WSMC riders would need a WERA license for Miller. Last year for that one event we honored all licenses to help out the track. We may do something like that again but I don't know right now.

10. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I dont think license fee is big deal,it is once a year,$100.
    as for missing dates good luck.somebody will always miss.you have 3 other clubs around from which racers come to wera.WSMC,AFM,Arizona(whatever club it is).
    than you have AMA nationals in California and on top of that everybody wants to go watch Moto GP.
    what we need is one person to do schedule for all of them :D

11. trey_loco

Haha.....Zoran, you always have a way of wrapping everything up!

12. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

I know THAT is the little bit that helped me and others race that weekend. We are keeping our fingers crossed this will be available again for the coming Miller weekend.

Come on Mongo, what do ya say??:up: