1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA Vintage guy on Discovery Channel

Discussion in 'General' started by CharlieY, May 8, 2014.

1. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Chad Pecchi, "Shop102"....I forget his handle on here...Young guy, mid twenties.

Around 2008 or 09, I helped him build a CB350 racebike. He took the WERA school, ran it twice and promptly "retired" :)rolleyes:) and sold the bike...but stuck with the fabrication. Started working out of his garage, and appears to be doing well.

I havent been to his "New" shop, but he tells me he is next door to Opey at Caylormade.

I dont know much about the show, except Chad is competing against 2 other shops. I think you can vote on twitter, or something like that.

Anyway....Props to Chad, and good luck!:up:

Hopefully we'll see a WERA sticker or something.... :rock:

The show (#BikerLive) airs monday nite, may 12 at 10pm EST

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/bikerlive/shop-profiles/shop-102.htm

2. bajakirch

bajakirch ^Not what you think

Will they be building anything other than choppers? Because that's about all they've shown in the previews I've seen.

3. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

Just when I thought we had seen the last of the chopper fad... :(

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Then you missed all the Bostrom Cafe Builds.

5. CharlieY

All I really know about Chads bike is it is a shovelhead.

Yeah, it looks like the show is kinda chopper based, which, eh....I'm not gonna hate as much as some....I'm hoping the show will highlite some of the fabrication......probably wasted hope, since Chads preview is him getting a tattoo.:eek:

From what Chad told me, the other builders bikes are all pretty and painted, Chads bike is raw.....I know he's been working on his aluminum fab skills, so I'll be interested if he does the tank, maybe some body panels.

Anyhow, I knew it wouldnt be everyones "cup of tea" here, but he was one of us way back when, for a short time :)Poke:)....and hes on a show building a motorcycle, so I thought I'd pass it along.....and he's pretty young compared to some of us crusty folk too.

His skills can also be applied to racebike repairs or fabrication...thats actually how it all started.

That lead to his first commercial product, custom handlebars of a few configurations.

If you watch, view it for what its worth, and vote for the best of the 3 choices....dont cloud your own judgement with the type of bikes they are building or that kinda thing....there are 3 choices, pick one...might be kinda fun....even if it might be the best of the worst kinda deal.

Gents, no matter how much you hate them, choppers have been around longer than even I have been alive, and they aint going anywhere, but I know what you are saying about the most recent fad, and I agree.

Panther is also right, they chopped the hell out of those cafe bikes too.

Hey, I wonder if Opie will get any discovery channel exposure....that would be cool.:up:

6. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Very cool. Congrats to him

7. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

bump

for Chad, whose name rhymes with rad. :cool:

8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Good to see some FTWCO swag.... Interesting show....

9. CharlieY

I've got to admit I missed it:eek: but will catch it off the DVR.

Chads a young guy....I hope this is just the start for him.

Glad to hear it was interesting, and maybe not so lame.

10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

It was kind of hyped up like the American Chopper Episodes... I do have to say Chads Bike was not the prettiest... Watch it....

11. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I still liked his best. It looked like to me the best bike to ride if you actually wanted to do more miles than just bar to bar distance.