1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA Needs you.....

Discussion in 'General' started by Czar, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

WERA could use a few good people for our Northcentral and Northeast/Mid-Atlantic Regions....we need Registration and Tech folks (ladies if your man races and you are always with him come help us in Registration and make $50.00 a morning for 3 hours work or give it to your man to help him defray his entry fees!) we also need Announcers in both Regions! If you think you have the gift of gab please get in touch and we can put you on a microphone at WERA races so you can practice your skills!

If you are interested in trying your hand at being a WERA Official please let Emily know at Emily@wera,com or call the office (770)720-5010. If you even thought about this for a minute PLEASE call us! We need you!:)

2. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

email sent :up:

3. m0rtal1ty

m0rtal1ty rolling chicane

Email sent. Thanks!

4. simonburic

simonburic Runs Wide

I might be able to drag a person or two out for a few races but not all of them. Would WERA be interested in something like this?

5. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Emailed.

6. mb4lunch

mb4lunch Expert#40 SouthEast

What if my Woman races??? :)

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Could be, email Emily about it.

8. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

OK Shawn, when did you change it to Sean? :D

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

January of 67 :D

10. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

Youngster :cool:

11. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Having been on official, I would encourage any WERA member to reach out to the WERA HQ about working. Not only is it a way to help curb your expenses, but you work and learn quite a bit... and appreciate how much effort goes into putting a race weekend on. What I like about working in Tech, esp with Tom H., is the knowledge he shares. Same can be said for all the workers. And it's fun.

12. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

Pete, on the other hand, is a COMPLETE pain in the ass to work with.

13. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

I will inform the wimminz in our pit. Is it possible to race and help?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's possible but it's tough, email Emily for details or with any ideas you've got.

15. Rich Graver

Rich Graver Well-Known Member

Uhm..... well ..... uh....he's your friend.

16. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

He's OUR friend, Rich!

Don't you feel loved, Pete?

17. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

I do. Where's Sublet? I need a hug.

18. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

I'll help anytime I can. You where to find me :cool:

19. KCFirebolt

KCFirebolt Large man. Little bike.

Hi Czar,

I'm currently the race announcer for MCRA and was the race announcer for CCS Great Plains for several years. I recently moved to Flint, MI, and I've wondered what action there was up here. If your dates are final, I have one conflict with my other announcing dates (Pittsburg in Sept. I'm already committed to MCRA for that weekend). I'd be interested in talking with you about how it works with your organization. It may or may not be a fit, but I'd like to talk with you regardless.

Not sure if anyone from the Midwest will chime in here, but some people like the way I approach it.

Feel free to call me at eight one six six seven eight eight nine six six.

20. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

I've know Charles for years now. I first met him because he took the time to come around and personally meet with all the riders, LWT F40 Amateur to AMA level expert. You guys would be truly lucky to have this guy announce for you, he does a great job. Not only do the fans love him it's nice being able to hear how your friends are doing out there.

Ask him about the Anthony Johnson, Gary Dick battle he called. Priceless.