1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA BBS fantasy football 2015

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jul 16, 2015.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

well Scotty thanks for Stafford on the bench, but you actually did very well.

Lever...damn....

2. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Who in their right mind would have thought he'd double up Rogers? FML

3. Scotty87

Just to give another example of Yahoo's ineptitude (you did ask, Papa) - Today I get an injury update on the phone from Yahoo saying that Roger's status has changed from active to questionable. A little early, but okay. So I click the message, it takes me to the app, and there is no mention of it, no update after last night's game, there's a Q next to his name but no details. Is any of this a huge deal? No. But, shit like this NEVER happens on ESPN or the pay sites.

I can't tell you how many times I've shown a buddy my lineup or a matchup, and every time it's met with "Who the fuck plays Yahoo Fantasy Football?" It's insanity that we're still doing it.

Fuck it, let's go all-in and get dial-up and America Online accounts.

4. Scotty87

Okay, it wasn't Papa who asked 'how so'after Socal said how much better CBS and ESPN are, it was Darrin. That dude posts about 37 different trade requests a day in this thread so I got confused... carry on.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Dude, we don't even pay attention to you anymore.

6. Scotty87

That cut deep. Not even a little?

Fuck, I feel like I'm gonna have to start acting out like Cannoli. The whole 'any attention is good attention' thing.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Ya know, all your rants about us using Yahoo are funny to watch but who is it exactly that has fought you on a move to ESPN? I know I have always been firmly in the "I don't care either way" camp.

8. Scotty87

Honestly 90% of them are just that, me fucking around trying to get you guys to laugh at me. But in reality, there have been 4-5 vocal people who did not want to move. I really hope we can make this our last year on Yahoo.

9. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

At least my team has a winning record.

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

count me as one of the vocal ones....ESPN Sucks

11. dtalbott

Very nice, Jeff!

Doug, I'm trying to keep it close enough for tomorrow night's game to mean something. Ease up a bit.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I hate this game. There is no good reason for this level of stress.
    We're moving to ESPN. Their auto-draft has got to be smarter. :D

13. dtalbott

What was it, 47 seconds that cost you the win?

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Cost me the win? No, it seems I won in the final second of Sunday night's game. Unless my math is totally wrong.

But it shouldn't even have been this close. I keep making shit more difficult for myself. I had the points I needed on the bench. But Taylor looked like he was in serious pain the last line I saw him, and I didn't believe Rex Ryan during the week saying that he was fine. So I started Brees even though I saw what Houston's defense did last week and had no confidence the Saints would do any better against them.

15. dtalbott

Sorry, I hadn't even looked today. He had you beat with the field goal, and Anderson's TD killed his defense's score.

16. Scotty87

I seriously don't get why, the 2 other leagues I'm in have been on ESPN for years with zero complaints.

On another note, if Barnidge gives you a monster game like the last time he played Baltimore you have a chance.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

In all fairness, you're the only one complaining here. :D

18. Scotty87

Think of me like a community activist. I'm speaking up for the silent majority. :D

19. dtalbott

Scotty, if I'm understanding things correctly, Yahoo FF is like an old school superbike, and ESPN FF is like a modern superbike with all the electronic doodads to make it easier? Does that sound right?

Do you seriously only use one source of info for injury reports and scouting?

20. Scotty87

Naw, man. Yahoo FF is a carbed YZF1000 that is always difficult to tune, acts up if you leave fuel in it for more than 3 weeks, but is still better than a SecaII, or no bike.

ESPN is a K5/K6 GSXR. Not the flashiest thing out there, but just flat out works every day and still hauls ass.

The pay sites are an R1m. Super fast and super technical, but when things go wrong it shits the whole transmission, and it's expensive.