1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA and the AMA in 2017

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Dec 8, 2016.

1. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Yes. But that makes it $1.27687546/week.

joec likes this.
  2. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

You guys are a bunch of morons if $50 makes any difference in your race program or budget. Some person spends that much in shields and water per race. Furthermore, there is some benefit to being an AMA member, how big that benefit is is dependent on your needs, but there is still personal benefit. There is also societal benefit with AMA. Does it outweigh what some people see as detrimental (see previous post by SundaySocial, I was racing some with AHRMA at the time so I still feel the pain), perhaps. Finally, and the most decisive point, if Evelyne says it is good for WERA, then that is good enough for me.

DucatiBomber and panthercity like this.
  3. simonburic

simonburic Runs Wide

You can pay for my AMA membership then.

Is WERA going to get better track rates? Cheaper insurance? Or do we get magazines and pins....

drop likes this.
  4. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Most the complainers don't even race or have not raced in years

PERIOD

Pay up and race OR continue track daying silently and enjoy gaining something positive from this site, but STFU on here and contribute nothing but bitching about why :whoosh:

5. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

That last comment makes it seem like you are just working on getting a second slice of pie. :D NTTIAWWT!

6. jim weaver

jim weaver Well-Known Member

. .a lot of old racer ,especially ahrma have a hard on for ama. still some old ama racers feel the same, because of past ama performance.ie having your raceing screwed by past ama managers. old grudges are hard to shake. same with ahrma. remember the ama president that got sent up for disappearing money. cant remember his name. of course I sometimes forget my own nane

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  7. joec

joec brace yourself

Wera was actually the only club I've raced with other than vrra that didn't require you to be a member..haven't raced with ahrma since they ran mid o.. even dirt track you had to be a member..

Just get out and do more ama sanctioned stuff!

8. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I wonder what real costs are transferred to the government from motorcycle useage in general, without regard to helmets?

9. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

CCS doesn't require it, but their national series ASRA does.

10. Nailed it, especially with the last part.

Anybody that knows Evelyne or at least has seen her talk about WERA knows that she loves WERA and everything she does is done for the best of WERA and for the racers.

If Evelyne thinks this is a good idea, that is good enough for me. Nothing further needs to be said or asked.

11. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Good question. No doubt negative costs flow as well. The savings associated with road deterioration per unit of gas tax, for instance.

12. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

I have issues with the AMA going back to the 90's, and of course from the shenanigans a few years ago. I dropped my membership about 10 years ago and have been steadfast in my refusal to rejoin.

I am disappointed that WERA has made the decision require membership to race with the org. I will have to think long and hard about my continued participation with WERA. I do love racing with WERA and all of the great folks I have met. In the end I'll probably relent, and join the AMA. But it will be under protest.

I too am curious as to the reasoning and benefits to WERA the organization, and to myself the racer. If membership is to be required of us as racers, I think we deserve a full accounting of cost vs. benefit.

13. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

You gotta be shitting me!

Boman Forklift likes this.
  14. joec

joec brace yourself

Haha!! Mongo is using the extra cash for pie! And ammo...and wranglers..he's also cutting the seatbelts out of his car in protest. there...That better? ;-)

bj and fastfreddie like this.
  15. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

No Bob, I'm not shitting you.

WERA doesn't have to do so, but if they are going to make membership dependent on joining an outside organization, then yes, I would like to know the reasoning behind it. Then let me decide, as a WERA customer, whether or not I wish to abide by it.

VFR#52 likes this.
  16. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

If any of you don't like what the AMA does, then run for a position in the org and change it.

You will always find good and bad in everything because there is no single way to skin a cat.

As far as cost benefits go how about this. For $50, you get a group of lobbyist up in DC to fight for the rights of motorcyclists. How much is that worth to you?

panthercity likes this.
  17. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Uhhhhh...gettin' real close to Dungeony here.

18. jeff johnson 32

jeff johnson 32 Well-Known Member

Bummer :-(
    I don't know if I can give money to the folks who wanted 250's out of AMA Pro Racing.

VFR#52 likes this.
  19. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

FINALLY!! The only response that has made any sense of why the AMA thing sucks:bow: .......:D

VFR#52 likes this.
  20. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I know you're gonna have a hard time believing this but, in my world $50 can literally decide whether I can race or not. ESPECIALLY to pay for something I've never needed, don't need now, and don't need in the future.