1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA #9 Expert LOL!

Discussion in 'General' started by YamRZ350, Sep 23, 2013.

1. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

2. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

+1. He's done very well - looking forward to seeing his further progress!

3. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

Go Ian!

4. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Someone else came up with this but I love it:

WERA: Where Evelyne Raises Aliens

Great job Ian!

5. at the ceremony at VIR I got the feeling I was witnessing something special

6. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Ian is a great kid. A pleasure to talk with at the races. I'm glad to see him do well.

7. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Ian is the friendliest, most down to earth, humble 'fast kid' there is. I hope he goes places, so I can tell my kids I raced him when he was 13 :D

8. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Agreed with what Jerry said. Great to see someone like Ian who has the right attitude, and is fast as well. When he and my dad were racing against each other on the SV's, I thought it would take a little longer before I'd see him on the 600!

Congratulations again Ian. I've enjoyed racing with you this season.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

RRW always only lists a few, they can't list entire results.

10. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

He is asking because some classes list top three others top four and others top 5 making it seem like te races with less than the top 5 listed, actually had less than 5 bikes.

11. Yeah, that is what I was getting at. RRW usually lists the top 6 places (IIRC, it is either 5 or 6, but my first thought was 6). Some of the results show 5-6 bikes, but some others only show a few bikes.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That could be. I was thinking the top 6 thing in general.

13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I like that. All of us with kids that race, are lucky WERA does what it does. Otherwise the kids wouldn't even be able to get on a big track until 14-16 years old. WERA makes it pain-free and BS free with no "secret handshakes" needed for your kid to get tracktime.

Congratulations Ian!!!!

14. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

The turnout was very light, especially for the "AMA" races, which made absolutely no sense to me. Racers ended going up with national #1 plates that were little more than participation awards in all but a few classes. I think the races were under-promoted and having a ASRA race at Blackhawk on the same weekend didn't help. I think racers that were planning on showing up at VIR entered them as an extra class, but I didn't see much along the way of them being a draw. Hell, I try and stay in the know when it comes to these kinds of things, and I barely knew anything about them. Very poorly promoted and marketed in my opinion.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  15. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Large turnout or not, Ian has been riding really well.

The LOL in my title was about the way the press release was titled, it struck me funny is all.

16. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

Great job Ian!!
    I remember that day at Summit Point in 2008. It's great to see a rider develp like he did.