1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well it isn't a squid ...

Discussion in 'General' started by 2blueYam, Aug 26, 2010.

1. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

On the way to work this morning I saw a rider in a full textile touring suit (neck to ankles), gauntlet gloves and motorcycle boots. With all that you would think he would bother to put a helmet on, but nope. Nothing on the head at all. Hair was even thinning.

Maybe a squid stole his helemt and left the rest of the gear?

2. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

With a full textile, why bother? He won't hit his head :rolleyes:

3. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

What kind of bike?

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Stupid shit like that is sometimes fun. I used to have a custom painted "puddin' bowl" helmet that I wore with full leathers on a ride on my Guzzi.

Yeah yeah, stupid but it was fun.

5. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

He was on a previous generation Goldwing.

6. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

Well maybe he was having trouble hearing the speakers

7. Pixelator

Pixelator Well-Known Member

Wow..I woulda guessed a BMW.. :crackup: :Poke:

8. danch

danch Well-Known Member

No, official BMW uniform is full coverage textile and a Nolan lid with the flip-face.

9. six6two

six6two AWD

:crackup: So true.

10. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Accurized. :D

11. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Saw a Harley squid the other night about 10pm; straight pipes, dash speakers blaring, with his ear buds in. No helmet or riding gear.

12. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

I get on average one BMW rider a day pulling into my driveway. I have NEVER seen one arrive without a helmet, including my neighbor whose garage is no more than 20 yards from mine. He dons the skid lid to ride his bike over for service.

BMW dudes are OK, just a little "organized."

13. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

I had a guy pass my house the other day as I was mowing. He was riding a red Ducati, possibly a 998, wearing a T shirt and shorts in the full tuck position, chest on the gas tank, doing every bit of 35 mph. I was like WTF?

14. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Don't forget. The official helmet color if you ride a Samsonite 1200....BMW is white.

15. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

:crackup:......thats classic, or when a sportbiker squid leaves an intersection and waits till midway through 2nd gear to crack it wide for fear of not being able to control the throttle.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Thought it was a white Shoei (with one weirdo being the exception in yellow :D )

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Don't forget the high visability vest and the cigar wedged in their puss the moment they get off the bike.

I want to be a BMW rider but I'm not quite pretentious enough yet, but I'm working on it. :D

18. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

And it doubled as your haircut template. Think of all the money you saved from Great Clips :clap:

19. needatrackbike

needatrackbike Well-Known Member

saw a dude riding a new duc 1098..skater sneakers, ripped jeans, t-shirt to show off both his sleeve tats, but yet was wear a lid.. pulled up next to him to check the out the bike, he starts blipping the throttle like he wanted to race.........

i was driving my 05' toyota echo that has a whopping 90 horse power.. fucking idiot

felt like yelling out... Firebird West track... pinks? Im not fast... but this would have been a pretty bike in my garage.. lol

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010