1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well, I guess I'm not welcome on Bumble anymore.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by JBraun, Mar 7, 2018.

1. kangasj

kangasj Banned

So, in your lifetime you've never picked up anybody in a bar?:confused:

K51000 likes this.
  2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Hey @JBraun The customary practice is to post pictures of any hot girls. Not pictures of yourself. LOL. :D

badmoon692008 and Banditracer like this.
  3. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Nope.
    Disease freaks me out.

BigBird and kangasj like this.
  4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

The majority of women use Tinder/Bumble for one of two things

1) as a tool for easy hook-ups
    2) as a tool to feed their egos via validation from as many random dudes as possible with no intention of dating any of them.

You are correct that the majority of men successfully using these apps for their intended purpose (NSA sex) is very small.

The chart represents the most attractive people at the top and least at the bottom. 80/20 rule.....80% of women are only interested in nothing other than the top 20% of men, even when they aren't in the dude's league :D

[​IMG]

Phl218 likes this.
  5. kangasj

kangasj Banned

boot up soldier.

6. CausticYarn

Also, being killed by random stranger freaks me out.
    I was a serial monogamist to protect my fragile self.
    I have met people in bars and gone on to have dates - but usually those don't turn out so well, you're both sober and don't know what the hell you were thinking finding the other person attractive.
    My relationships have nearly always come out of the motorcycle community... except for that one guy in college that cried all the time.

kangasj likes this.
  7. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Damnit. I’m pretty though right? :D

G 97 likes this.
  8. Phl218

Phl218 .

so the longer range led to reduction in range?

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Which one are you?

10. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Does that happen a lot?

11. CausticYarn

No. But my high anxiety childhood puts me into lizard brain mode faster than you can blink. I think up all sorts of harsh scenarios that could happen while I commute to and from work.
    Lately I have been doing scene size up reports for house fires though, so I am getting better at controlling it. Although, when I am mad at someone, I imagine it's their house burning - If I am really mad at them, the house is fully involved by the time I get there as duty officer. The marina near where we used to dock our fire boat, burns down a lot - when I arrive, it looks like we can make an offensive attack through the A side of the building with drafting operations, but then I walk around back and there is no way I am sending someone into that hellfire inferno. :p

12. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

That chart shows all of human history despite your desire to demonize sexually active women of the last 60 years. DNA science tells us that historically, 10 women produce a child for every man who fathers a child.

Have you ever used Tinder/Bumble and met anyone from either out of curiosity?

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

So monogamy is an aberration?

14. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

On a grand scale historically - yes, I do think so even if it is a natural inclination for many of us. Sure, every farmer in the land had a lovely bride, but the 1%ers of the time split the other 10,000 women destined for the men off dying to expand the empire. Dowries. Asking father's for permission. There have always been many gatekeepers, male and female, but mostly male, stopping other men from attaining a woman. We're competitive and ask the women to honor our victors with spoils...I really can't entertain any notion that women's relationship with their sexuality is the root cause for undersexed men.

Personally, Tinder taught me serial monogamy is my jam when not in a long term relationship - I don't give enough shits to manage multiple relationships successfully.

15. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I refuse to read a thread that has lots of phone screen captures. Bad reminders of Robby B's dalliance with Clarence. :D

JBraun likes this.
  16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

True in antiquity you had the upper crust of society (kings, nobles, etc) doing most of the breeding and the serfs and soldiers going off to die in battle or what have you were left out to dry. However, that is part of what ushered in a widespread increase in marriage to guarantee more even pairing off of men and women. Not to mention I think you can agree the stigma that was attached to "loose" women was much of a stronger deterrent than it is today.

I've watched enough of my close friends use them by proxy, including a few social experiments for fun to know that I have no interest in using either ;)

I've never met a single person who said they met their boyfriend or girlfriend on Tinder or Bumble.

17. condon66

condon66 Member well known

For crying out loud.:crackup:

18. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Not the bald cancery looking fuck, the other guy.

*joke is only funny because the bald guy actually had cancer. Get it?

19. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I have. I honestly don't understand why either is so stigmatized. They're far more honest than any other dating site.

It's funny to me. If I see a girl in public that I find attractive, and I get a get a subtle cue from her that she may be interested, I can go start a conversation with her. The impetus for that interaction was totally superficial, but somehow that's okay. Maybe she'll think I'm a tool or she'll turn me off in some way and we go separate directions. Maybe we'll stay interested in each other and set up a date. None of this is unusual. Yet if I do the exact thing on my phone it's weird.

I'm not on Bumble to try to bang randoms. It's not my style and frankly I'm terrified of the herp.

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Dammit!!! I’d already saved the gif

2C4236EC-8AD3-41DD-8FA2-1477B441CD3D.jpeg