1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weekend in Warsaw Poland

Discussion in 'General' started by chrysta1, Apr 27, 2013.

1. chrysta1

chrysta1 Well-Known Member

Looks like I will have a couple of free days in Warsaw, so what does the BBS suggest?

2. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Jasny Piwo!

and Wodki Biala...

Actually, it's a relatively new city, lots of new post-WWII construction. Are you in the city proper, or in the countryside around it?

I'd look for a market square and see if I could find inexpensive amber pieces. I'd give a lot of thought to eating.

Did I mention the jasny piwo?

3. 418

418 Expert #59

Luksusowa.

4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

2 6' blondes.

5. chrysta1

City proper, staying at the Marriott near the Central train station, at least for the first couple of days.

6. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Make friends with a cabdriver - a younger dude, likely to get you into some excitement. Ask him where you should go - book him for the weekend. Have him take you around, see the 'busman's tour' if you follow what I mean. Best way I can think of to get to know a city - land in some dive bar, watch the sun set, buy everyone beer, go to a milk-bar (Bar Mleczny), get a kabob around midnight... you get the picture. Work in a few shops, cathedrals, WW-II monuments, Jewish quarter pubs (this may be more appropriate in Wroclaw and Krakow). Maybe ask your cabbie where the tuners hang out, go talk bikes vs cars, that sort of thing. Most everyone will understand your English.

If you were in Krakow, I'd send you to Wieliczka salt mines, and maybe Auswicz (depressing as hell). Maybe you can go to Gdansk and tour a shipyard?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  7. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Dude! Wait, are you there for May Day? Party.

Otherwise, there's probably a connect-the-mermaids tour.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  8. chrysta1

9. pjed

pjed Well-Known Member

Go to the Polish Army Museum...lots of cools stuff to see. As far as vodka, I vote for Wyborowa.