1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weekend in Guadalajara

Discussion in 'General' started by chrysta1, Jul 5, 2012.

1. chrysta1

chrysta1 Well-Known Member

OK forum, you didn't let me down when I was in Suzhou. What are the must do/see things in Guadalajara? I am here until next Thursday. May have this weekend free.

Dan

2. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Avoid being kidnapped and held for ransom by a cartel.

3. orientexpress11

orientexpress11 Well-Known Member

+1 for real. I've been to almost 40 countries, some pretty unstable, and at this moment I would not step foot on Mexican soil.

4. ramoszx12r

ramoszx12r Active Member

+1 on that!!!!

5. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

I thought this was about a movie where two gringos kill a catel leader then muppet his ass around all weekend like he was still alive.

6. any eatery that doesn't involve a guy walking up behind you, tilting you back in your chair, pouring the worst tequila straight into your mouth from the bottle then covering your nose and mouth while shaking your head and blowing a whistle.

7. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Horse shit. I just spend two months and about 8K miles traveling through Mexico on my FZ1. With a very attractive passanger. Was in Guadalajara for about a week..... stumbled drunk at night, rode mountain roads way past dark. Smoked cigarettes with bums at gas stations... Not a single issue.

I didn't do much in Guadalajara, but apparently midget wrestling there was cool to watch. Mariachi people turn vigilantes patrolling the streets at night was kind of interesting.

I didn't enjoy northern Mexico compared to the south.

Your mileage may vary.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Take Putter.

And offer my condolences to the donkey. :(

9. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

I trust the guy who just was there over the opinions of TV and newspaper watchers. Sounds like an awesome trip, Alex.

10. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I was in Mexico in March and had a great time. Not a single kidnapper in sight. Enjoy the midget donkey ass wrestling show.

11. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

I currently live in Guadalajara and it is just like any other big city. I have never once felt unsafe. You should take the tequila express out to the town of Tequila which is about 45minutes away and tour the tequila distilleries. If you like arts and crafts, I recommend Tlaquepaque which you can take a tour bus to from downtown Guadalajara. Guadalajara is a beautiful city with lots to do and see. When are you arriving? If you'd like, I will put you in contact with my driver who can take you around the city. Just PM me for details.

12. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Oh yeah I forgot about Lucha Libre. It's a blast and they have shows every Sunday and Tuesday. You can buy tickets through ticketmaster.

13. chrysta1

OK so avoid get kidknapped, sounds like a good plan. Take the tequila express, I am going to try to do that Either Saturday or Sunday. I guess try and check out some historic sites the other day.

14. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

I think that is what my buddy Mark went to see. they don't allow cameras but the show supposed to be awesome.

Back to kidnappers.... It felt awesome when we were riding through remote villages and people were running up to the road waving and giving us thumbs up pretty much everywhere we went.

My life was threatened only once, but that was back in Texas when some pile of shit truck driver tried to run me into concrete divider cause I was riding on the shoulder in a highway traffic jam.

15. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

looks like an awesome trip!!

16. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

thanks. It was by far the best trip I have done.

[​IMG]

17. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Oh you can take plenty of pictures at Lucha Libre. The best pics are when you are sitting in the front row and they launch themselves over the ropes right at you :)

18. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

I am pretty certain my buddy said that no pics were allowed. I am still kicking myself for not going to see that.

Lucha Libre is the show where midget punch each other in the balls, and all that shit, right? Mark was massively impressed by their performance.

19. chrysta1

So is Lucha Libre something a Female coworker would be interested in seeing? She will be here next week, so if I don't go Sunday, Tuesday would be the only option.

20. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

There are lots of women that go to the event so I don't see why not.