1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We (STT) Just Booked Road Atlanta July 3-4th 2010...

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by Motorin Mark, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Motorin Mark

Motorin Mark Well-Known Member

That's right, they called us and offered us the July 3-4th weekend and we said "hell yes we will take it". So start planning your mid summer holiday weekend now. Most of you will have Mon July 5th off too cause the 4th is on Sunday this year. What a great way to spend the holidays, at the track!

As always we will have Novice, Intermediate and Advance classes with Free classroom and on-track instruction for Novice Riders and Track Coaches available at no charge for Intermediate and Advance level riders.

No additional charge to you just because we have to "work" on a holiday:crackup:

So head on over to www.sportbiketracktime.com to register and book early because this event will sell out.

Again thank you WERA riders for all of your support:up:

2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Sweet! My birthday is friday the 2nd, hopefully i can make it.

3. Motorin Mark

We were just told that the little stock car track across the street from Road A is going to have a big fireworks display Sat night July 3rd! Too cool. Come join us.

4. Chand

Chand Well-Known Member

are u guys going use the new turn 12 or the old one?

5. gixxercurt

gixxercurt Curtis Murray

i would imagine the new... what about the eses or whatever?

6. superbikestore

superbikestore Well-Known Member

They will run the old turn 12 unless that's changed this year. I've specifically asked myself about that last year and they prefer the old configuration after asking most of their members. Would be nice if they ran the new configuration, but I understand if most of the track day guys don't want to change for the sake of a few racers trying to get in the perfect practice configuration.

7. lindsemj

lindsemj Active Member

The last couple of years when I rode with STT we have run no chicane and old turn 12. Haven't heard on the configuration for this year.

8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Old 12 and No Chicane..... The good OLD Road Atlanta......

9. Chand

Chand Well-Known Member

i think its time , you guys should try new T12, the old turn isnt as safe being the wall right there, this is the only reason i dont do track day with STT at road atlanta because they alway use old T12..:(

i hope you guys change your mind..:beer:

10. Motorin Mark

We tried the new turn 12 and the turn really is fine, its the fact that we have to be in the other pits that is so bad for our members. Remember we are not racers, we are just having fun and to a lot of our members the pit area/ electric situation is very important. When I race, that is low priority because I am in "race" mindset, but our trackday members are in it for the "whole" expierance not just the track it self. Wera runs new turn twelve with the chicane, we run old turn twelve without the chicane and Nesba runs new turn twelve without the chicane so everybody should be able to enjoy "their" layout at Road A. Its all just for fun:up:

11. redciv1

redciv1 Well-Known Member

Will you all offer leather rentals? Still losing weight and don't want to commit to buying now.

12. JimboC

JimboC Well-Known Member

13. redciv1

redciv1 Well-Known Member

Ahhh Jimbo, is that a yea or nay?

14. JimboC

JimboC Well-Known Member

that would be a yea and a yay and woo hoo and okie dokie:up:

15. Chand

Chand Well-Known Member

:beer:

16. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

I am so confused, I though RA was already on the schedule in July. I guess I need to pay more attention to schedule updates LOL>

I plan to be there though :clap:

17. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

As for Old T12 being unsafe, it is safER now than it was really, but truth is although the stakes are high, injury and crashes there are statistically LOW. People just rarely crash there.

18. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Bumpity bump!

19. Motorin Mark

Great racing there yesterday and Sat. Come join us and ride this great track on July 3-4th Holiday weekend! Should be a blast!

20. Motorin Mark

July 4th weekend coming soon.....