1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Way Too Close

Discussion in 'General' started by wsmc42, Jun 15, 2019.

1. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Garth is the wooden spoon in this giant pot of spaghetti sauce.

G 97 likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Garth is oblivious as to which forum he's in :D

G 97 likes this.
  3. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

I agree

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

The last 6 words were unnecessary.

YamRZ350 likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

6. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

This story was in my news feed this morning.

Glad you're OK. Sucks for all involved.

wsmc42 likes this.
  7. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

The update I read this morning makes it look like the guy's got some 'splainin' to do. I know it's still early in the investigation but to draw and fire in that situation seems questionable, especially if the injured were because of errant rounds. Being LEO, he should know this but sometimes emotions take over.

Hopefully, there will be follow-up on this. As a permit holder, you always want to learn from such events.

I'll bet the OP will think of this for a long time. I know I would.

8. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Emotions certainly take over especially when he had his young child to protect. No reports on the kid he was reportedly holding? That would definitely amp things up for me.

9. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

10. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

A punch alone would probably be considered simple assault, and does not rise to the level of "forcible felony" which justifies deadly force, at least in FL.

Of course, circumstances are everything, if the punch was associated with a robbery attempt, carjacking attempt, kidnapping or sexual assault, it then becomes a forcible felony.

This is why if you ever shoot someone, you should have a good lawyer you can call immediately, or you'll be the next Treyvon Martin situation.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

No, I do not. :D

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Hey now. :crackup: