1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Waving Yellow

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by boaide, Aug 23, 2001.

1. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Fred - Good point on the last lap pass.

Limy 1 - Agreed, most riders called for this violation will say there was a pass under waving yellow, along with an explination of their pass. WERA rules state that riders cannot protest this rule, but it must come from the corner workers. If I start ruling in one matter based on rider protest, then we would have to rule on all of them.

I like the idea of the "preponderence of evidence." Video of the violation is preponderance, and based with other articuable facts, lead to beyond reasonable doubt.

Oh shut up, George. You're arguing law here. You need to get to the court room and get that bum back to NY instead of lawyering on the BBS!

;) :eek: :eek:

2. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

I by no means was disputing the Rules, I was just showing the difference between "us & them".
    (Wera vs. AHRMA or visa versa):Poke:

Rules are rules and must be enforced equitably.
    In the end it is the Race Director that makes the final decision.

Roger Preston

3. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

No offense taken, Limy.

4. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Preponderance of the evidence? What about strict scrutiny? Or beyond a reasonable doubt? Or perhaps something more than a mere scintilla of evidence? Maybe making abuse of discretion the standard would be most appropriate.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Actually if you find the god clauses in the rulebook George can change the results at his discretion. The ultimate power to determine anything is Evelyne's however the RD's have some serious power too especially at the event.

As for the waving yellow - I totally agree, however I'm torn between the need for more accurate flagging and the need to NOT piss off the cornerworkers we already have. They are overworked, underpaid, and we can't survive wihtout them.

The problem is that the CW's tend to want to slow riders down in the corner when something is going on however they shouldn't be making that call, that's up to the rider to determine. But on the other hand, when you have a rider and your runner in the impact zone you want to make sure everyone knows they'd better be careful through your corner.