1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

water UV light

Discussion in 'General' started by GRH, Jul 25, 2021.

1. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

I am on a well and have not had any issues with it other than a slight sulfur smell when the water table is up. I was given a discontinued Viqua UV light with 2 new bulbs (bulbs available still to buy) setup recently and am deciding on whether or not to cut it into my existing copper. The placement is a slight issue but doable. Am I wasting my time installing this or are there some real benefits to having one? I realize it won't do anything about the sulfur.
    Thanks
    https://www.h2odistributors.com/s8q...MIoNSAntj-8QIVgeezCh0OsgK_EAQYAiABEgJ8FfD_BwE

2. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Have you had your water tested for organic contaminants? Only reason to install a UV light. Even with a UV light you test occasionally......which reminds me.....

3. kyle carver

kyle carver Well-Known Member

If I was on a well I would find the nearest water treatment plant. Municipal or utility district and go by ask if they can help you out with a Bac T test. Hopefully they will give you a bottle and directions. The answer will lead you in the direction you need to go. Test during different times also. High water table. Low water table.

4. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Call your local County Extension Office and ask them if they do water tests. If not, they should know who does.