1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watched Modified Minis at the dirt track...

Discussion in 'General' started by jon686, Sep 1, 2012.

1. jon686

jon686 Well-Known Member

Those GSXR motors with quick shift sure sound sweet in a dirt track car. Surprisingly, it was one of the largest classes to run last night. They werent scared to rev them...nothing like an entire lap in anger at full song.

2. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Are they running gsxr motors? Around here they all use the 636 kawi motor in their micro sprints.

3. jon686

jon686 Well-Known Member

The winner last night had a GSXR sticker on his. I would have thought they were 1000's. They looked as fast as the late models on our little local track.

4. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Its a stock 1000 motor in the mod lites as they are called aroind here

5. drop

drop Well-Known Member

And it was pugh who won. his is a gsxr 1000. pretty good driver. but.they are mod lites not mod minis. mod minis is a different class.

6. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

At Spring City, the emphasis is on LITTLE. :D

I'm bout to leave to go to Cleveland Speedway myself.

7. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

The micro sprint (600cc) guys blow up more engines than you can imagine, even on decel, as the weight of the car puts tons of stress on the engine when they let off. And they ask for more rpms. RPMs are like gearing for those guys - if you can run 500 more rpm, you can take it deeper into the corner. A lot of rods find daylight.

8. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

The 600s here run Alcohol also. Just nuts the money they dumb into a motor just to blow it sky high.

9. jon686

jon686 Well-Known Member

Danny must have been to Spring City before. I was surprised at the turnout in that class. Maybe they favor the little tracks...

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I sold the motor out of the gsxr600 I parted out to a mini sprint guy. He acted like it was no big deal and wanted to know if I had any more :)

11. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Dang I am old. Last time I watched those cars the 1100 oil pumpers were the hot motor to have.

12. Gateman

Gateman Well-Known Member

This is where we are going for next year. ASCS2 and the EMSA racing divisions here in TX and OK. Yes Alcohol, $10 entry fees, Guarnteed top 20 positions paid. $300, $500, and $750 to win. Don't make the main and you get your pit pass fee back in full.