1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted: NOS YZF750 Exhaust Valve Springs

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by michael_chicago, Aug 11, 2021.

1. michael_chicago

michael_chicago Well-Known Member

Anyone have some of these on a shelf somewhere?

3FV-12114-00-00

Thanks.

2. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Ive found that if you search the parts fish for different models you can find newer models that use the newer updated part.
    Rods for a 98 VFR 800 fit in a 86 VFR 750 and valve springs do cross over.
    so look up different models. if its A 5 valve motor look up the 426 dirt bike.
    best of luck.

Steven

3. michael_chicago

Thanks, Steven. I tried that, but didn't have any luck, I'm afraid.

One trick that is helpful: My local dealer uses a software system (Lightspeed) that allows them to search other dealers' inventory in North America if they also use the software. My local looked up valves springs for me yesterday morning and one dealer is Fayetteville, GA just happened to have (12) intake springs. They were the only participating dealer is the system that had stock in NA. Dealers can search parts from multiple OEMs. Maybe you guys and gals all know that, but I sure didn't.

Mike.

VFR#52 and evakat like this.
  4. macbook

macbook Well-Known Member

Have you tried Impex Japan?

5. michael_chicago

I'd never heard of them, but gave it a go and they show the part as available, and another 750 part that is NLA. I ordered them and will see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion.

I had tried Webbike, but they didn't show the springs as available.

Thanks again.

6. macbook

macbook Well-Known Member

They are a good resource. They had a bunch of parts for my 27-year-old rr-sp carbs.

7. racepro171

racepro171 to finish first, first you must finish!

i think all the racers bought up any NOS you will prob have to source from aftermarket. APE, kibblewhite ect

8. michael_chicago

Impex cancelled the order. No stock.

9. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

do you have old springs still?
    You can measure them and also whats installed height?
    Are valves steel or Ti

Steven

10. michael_chicago

Yes. I had Millennium measure the compressed rating of all springs when they worked on the head.

I have lots of old springs, so I can probably put together a set of eight that are in, or close to, spec. I just figured I'd see if I could source new, and I did find those intake springs!

Springs are steel.
    IMG_4887.jpg

11. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

So what your saying is I picked the perfect time to start my 750 tear down?:confused::D. Good luck with everything:beer:

12. michael_chicago

Some parts are getting hard. You can get valves from REC/G&S Valves in the UK. Good luck to you too!

13. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

what i ment are valves steel or TI from looks of seat pressure they are steel.
    If you measure the diameter we may be able to find springs that can have same pressure but of another brand.
    From the spring pressure im going to say this is a 5 valve engine.
    need to know the outside diameter measurement's of springs so we know what to look for so it fits keepers and retainer's.
    Steven

14. michael_chicago

Hey Steven. I think I mentioned they were steel. I'm out of town for work until probably November, so I don't have access to any springs at the moment. I was just hoping someone around here might have a box on the shelf. I've got a drawer with a bunch of NLA stuff, just not those springs!

Oh, yea, definitely 5V!

Appreciate you trying to help.
    Mike.

VFR#52 likes this.