1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WANTED: a good used car for under $3k and under 200k miles

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by gpracer15, Sep 29, 2016.

1. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Son totaled his Honda, looking a for a replacement. Prefer Honda or Toyota but open to other things.
    Would prefer it to be clean and sorted, no junk....

Im in the Greenville, SC area so something within a couple hrs drive 1-way max...
    Will consider more $ for the right deal

Can text pics and info to number below or email me at gpracer15(at)yahoo(dot)com

Chuck

2. sowega

sowega #710

2004 Trailblazer LT, 150k-ish miles; it's been my track hauler for the last two seasons (have a daily driver car). I'd let it go for $3500.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Neighbor has a 2003 (or so) 5 series for sale for ~ $3600. It's in NoVa.

Mechanically pretty good, he's done quite a bit of work to it. It looks good from 10 ~ 15 feet away with no dents or smashed in panels but has a couple of solid scratches in it. Not a bad car at all.

4. Phl218

Phl218 .

damn i just traded a 2009 rabbit with 126k miles.

all it needed since we had it was a new battery. got 1800 for it.

5. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Trailblazer just to much for my son to negotiate lol....Had a hard enough time with the Accord....
    Skitish of a BMW due to parts/labor costs over a Honda or Toy.....
    You can shoot me some info and pics on it or have the owner send it. I will look it over...

Chuck

6. Chango

Chango Something clever!

You might try looking for a Pontiac Vibe (also pronounced Toyota Matrix). We had one for several years and never had any significant trouble out of it. It's a Corolla wagon, so nice and small, but the hatchback allows it to haul more than is reasonable. I believe they were made from 2003-2012 or so.

7. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Found a 03 Civic for sale in town we picked up Saturday. Thanks for the suggestions.

On the vibe, try talking an 18 year old teenage boy into driving a VIBE......lol

8. Chango

Chango Something clever!

I liked hatchbacks when I was that age, but I also wasn't normal.