1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to race Fontana in January

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by legallyfast, Dec 22, 2014.

1. legallyfast

legallyfast Member

Hello everyone,

I currently have my amateur license with CVMA. I would like to race in Fontana in January. So is this thinking correct?>

Fill out WERA app and pay the fee, get assigned a WERA number and go race? I current race AM. SS open and AM Formula open.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

2. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Fill out all of the appropriate forms. WERA offers weekend reciprocity or you can buy the annual license. I believe the weekend reciprocity fee is $30 and can be applied to an annual license if you choose that route later. This is all by memory, so I would suggest checking the forms to be sure.

Sounds like you would be eligible for A Superbike and A Superstock. Keep in mind that CVMA's Supersport rules differ from WERA's Superstock rules. No Brembo master with WERA. Also check the rules for slicks if you are not on DOTs. The rulebook has all of this info.

3. legallyfast

legallyfast Member

Alright, thank you. I will look some more. Bike is stock, so no worries there. Will look at what tires I need to run, well, I will just buy the ones to at least run A Superstock. Looking forward to racing there.

Mike

4. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

You can run slicks in all Wera classes except 600 SS.

You can also run Formula 1 and Senior SB Heavy (if you're old enough).

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Basically - yep, it's that simple.

You'd have A Superstock, A Superbike, and Formula One with us. You can do the license ahead of time or handle it all at the track, whatever works best for you.