1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want gas for $1.84/gallon? The Koch Brothers are buying!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Joe Morris, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

2. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Dammit...that sure would have been nice. The F150 got 25g yesterday to the tune of $90...that's about 2/3rd of a tank :sigh:

3. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

Isn't the short bed capacity just 26 gallons?

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Haha, I like the promotion, but its based on farcical information. They even said in the video, the $1.89 was actually a rock bottom low that happened when Obama took office, the guy that owns the station conveniently leaves out the fact that average price was at one point still higher than the are today when Bush was in office, even though they point that out in the news report.

[​IMG]

But seriously, people waiting in line for 4 hours (probably wasting a good amount of gas in the process) to save approx $30???

5. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

The Lariat comes with a 36 gallon tank, regardless of the bed size...

Its nice - feels like I can drive forever on a single tank, but then I hit the pump and have to fill twice because of the $75-100 cutoff limits.

6. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

It has the 'upgraded' 36g tank...Full tank is running me about $125, and I have to punch in my card twice, because the pumps stop at $100 :eek: And the ecoboost mpg is over rated. I've averaged 17mpg so far overall. It get's the 21mpg proclaimed on the hwy only if you're doing 60mph...go over 62mph and it drops to 18-19mpg.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  7. Joe Morris

Lever, are you using cruise control?

8. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Yes. It's able to get better gas mileage than I do alone, but over 62mph, it drops by a pretty good amount. You work for Ford or something? You never clarified what you did for a living in the other thread.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

My experience with cruise is that it performs well it the terrain is flat to gently sloping. As the grade increases, it kicks down a gear to maintain speed. I can actually do better manually sometimes (at least according to the little MPG computer module)

10. Joe Morris

~60 mph is where the aerodymanics really start killing fuel economy.

In a past life I wrote cruise control algorithms. I tend to think you're not going to beat my algorithm. :D

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I challenge you to write one to negotiate the hills on I 20 between Augusta and Columbia. :D Traffic is the biggest deterrent to using cruise for me.

12. scotth

scotth Banned

Left wing lies!

Pfft. Low is low. That black man is bad for the country. We knew it before he was elected and we have been proven right. Do not bother us with made up numbers that indicate otherwise.

More lies!

Lying pictures! Liberal media! You made that up!

If they were intelligent, possessed of common sense, or capable of simple arithmetic, they wouldn't be...Republicans.

13. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Can I cheat and draft semis? :D

14. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Jeff, I've averaged a bit over 19mpg so far with my `11 F150 FX2 5.0.

Of course, I'm old and always drive under the speed limit...

15. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Yep, you can get a moped with .34 hp to do 60 mph, but to go any faster you gots to have a gixxer 1000.

16. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

I drive mine pretty hard. The torque is too much fun :D

17. Lawn Dart

:crackup: :clap:

18. Lawn Dart

Ain't Texas about as flat as it gets?

Mine gets about 17, but I live in the hills. Not much flat land around here.

19. Joe Morris

Back to the OP's link.... :D

We've had politically motivated think tanks since atleast the 70's, Political Action Committees then Super PACs, and recently Citizens United undermined what political fundraising and, lets be honest here, the ways rich guys can sway elections. The Kock Brothers don't shy from any of this and have been in since the ground floor. George Soros is another notable but even he seems more camera shy than the Koch Brothers. So where's the line here? Sure, I'd take free gas. It wouldn't influence my vote but I can afford to pay my own bills too. I don't believe in benevolent tycons any more than I believe a think tank doesn't start with the conclusion and work backward. I'm not taking sides I'm just interested to see where this all shakes out.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  20. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

try 45mph is how you get the best mpg.