1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walking with Dinosaurs

Discussion in 'General' started by brex, Jan 17, 2009.

1. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Last night we took the kids to see the Walking with Dinosaurs Live tour.
    Any of you that have young children, especially with young boys with any interest in dinosaurs should really go see this show. It is amazing. They have 10-15 "live dinosaurs" that are either costumed people or a robotic/driven combo. The things are as full size as they could make them and the movements and bodies make them very life like. My five year old boy was just floored at the dinos.
    Sometimes a bit scared, but the whole time just eyes wide open taking it all in.
    It's written/patterned off the show BBC and Discovery had on that was a pretty big hit. There's a host taking you through the periods and actually packing some good teaching into each bit. Some humor as well.
    It's a bit pricey for how long it is, it was a little over an hour and a half with a 20 or so minute intermission. So it could have been longer, but at the same time making it longer may take it beyond the attention span of smaller children.

At any rate, it was well worth it. Both kids had a great time.

Go to youtube and search for "walking with dinosaurs live" There are many vids to choose from.
    Link to the tour site: http://www.dinosaurlive.com/ (hope that isn't breaking rules)

2. Steve Karson

Steve Karson Tcasby is my Bitch !!

We went to see it when it came to Chicago, and I agree, great show and the kids were awestruck.