1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wading boots

Discussion in 'General' started by r6fast, Oct 12, 2022.

1. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

I am in the market for some new wading boots for fly fishing. . I haven't bought a pair in 10 years so I wanted to see if anyone has any insight on what's the go to ones these days. My last ones were felt and I would like to stick with that style.

2. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

my heavyweight waders used for duck hunting are from Cabelas. 5mm neoprene with 1200 boots.

My lighter weight set were made by frogtoggs that I picked up on closeout somewhere and only get used once or twice a season as they are simply uninsulated nylon waders.

I have been using both for several seasons, at least 5 on each, in pretty rough conditions and neither set show much wear or leaks. For duck hunting where temps can get well below freezing the last thing I want is a leak.

I would buy either one again.

r6fast likes this.
  3. Jeveritt

Jeveritt Well-Known Member

So I'm on the Redington bandwagon at the moment. I received a free set of their cheaper escape waders through work liked them a lot but I am hard on waders. Then my girlfriend purchased the next set up (W Sonic Pro) and now I have the sonic pro Hd and love them and are holding up well.

Also these are all stocking foot waders vs integrated boot. I do a lot of wet wading in the summer so its nice to use the same boots with and without waders. felt soles are the way to go where I fish unless you want to carry a walking stick and or like falling on your a%$

r6fast likes this.
  4. Neily

Neily Member

Depends on a budget. Something like Cabelas or Muck boots should be good enough, Frogg toggs are decent too. Simms for the higher-end wading boots I guess.

Never really tried Redingtons, but heard lotsa good stuff(maybe next year I'll get myself a pair :D )

r6fast likes this.
  5. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

I ended up grabbing a pair of Simms tributaries on clearance. Hoping to test them out tomorrow morning.

Neily likes this.