1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Volcanoes: They're not warming the Earth

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by chuckbear, Oct 16, 2012.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

It would be enough of an improvement if they would just stop talking (a known increase of CO2)

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

3. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

With all the arguments over the warming issue I have not yet heard any scientist make any statement about the fact that, while the Arctic ice is melting, the Antarctic ice is growing. How does that figure into our warming issue? Anyone heard anything?

4. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

There are approx 6 quadrillion tons of air on the planet earth....compared to a few million tons of CO2 it hardly seems significant......now if all the carbon in limestone was released.......:crackup:

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Shhhhhh. You're not supposed to point that out.

Just keep spouting big meaningless numbers and keep the sheeple scared as you fleece them.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The earth is warming the volcanoes. End of thread.

7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

There's about 12 trillion tons of air around New York city, what could a few pounds of anthrax do?....

I mean Reeeeally!!!

:crackup:

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Ya, because anthrax and CO2 are the same thing...
    Way to compare apples to apples chief. I wouldnt bother sending in that MENSA application though.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

We just need a UN resolution outlawing volcanoes, then the earth wouldn't have anything to warm. :up:

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes, when they are making money for doing absolutely nothing it is a scam and it is bad.

When they are promoting something natural as being man made it is bad.

The greenies who are honest and are admitting that while the globe is always warming, there's still nothing wrong with trying to cut back on pollution just cuz are the ones not scamming and those are the ones I'll support.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What I love about you saying this is that you guys are more hippie like in the good ways than the vast majority of the wannabes :D

13. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Probably only a fraction of what you think it would. The ability to disperse it in a way that harms people in large numbers is non-trivial. Of course if you are talking non-weaponized anthrax it would give a lot of people the sniffles. Ever been to a farm and got the sniffles afterwards? Might have been anthrax not hay fever as a large number of farm animals are carriers :Poke:

14. OldSlowGuy

OldSlowGuy Unregistered User

Green. It's the new Red.