1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virus and lost contacts

Discussion in 'General' started by Dan Lance, Apr 30, 2002.

1. Dan Lance

Dan Lance Well-Known Member

Help, a virus ate my laptop and I lost some of the Flag Services members info and other contact stuff. If you were or wanted to be in this database of safety officials from all across the country I need to update and reenter a ton of stuff.
    If you can help with info updates, etc, email me at [email protected]
    I always learn the hard way, and upgrades to latest virus protection software. What a pain in the you know what.
    Guess that what happens when you depend on email for most everything.
    Oh well, I needed to upgrade anyway.
    Thanks for the help in advance.
    Dan
    :confused:

2. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

OH *** NO...you didn't lose *the one* did you?????? ;)

LAG

3. Dan Lance

No, I remember his. I did lose some of the other "big names" but I am sure I will get them all back when I see them at the races.;)

4. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

Stay away from those "Danish" web sites and this wouldn't happen!!! :D :eek: :D

5. MR-MICROPHONE

MR-MICROPHONE Breakin' the Law!!

:eek: WHEW!!!! For a minute there Dan I thought you were really ill and couldn't see any more!! :D
    :p

6. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

Dan, if you need data entry help and I can be of any help from a distance, let me know. I type between 80-100 wpm with about a 90% accuracy rate. Now if only I could race as fast as I type. :D

If you're going to upgrade, I would HIGHLY recommend buying a CDRW (readable/writable CD-ROM drive) so you can put all your data files onto a CD instead of leaving that fragile data on your hard drive for viruses to steal. And most virus protection programs come with free (or reasonably priced) update programs. Do you have anything now? If so, you should contact the maker and see if you can purchase an upgrade.

Let me know if I can be of any more help Dan.

7. Dan Lance

Thanks, I did it the day it happened and now my rebuilt will have it too. Norton 2002 and the cd rewriter.
    Oh well, Ken Abott frpom F-USA emailed me back my data base and even added some names for me.
    All I really miss is the pics fromDaytona, Fontan, Summit Pt.
    I think I know who took pics I can get from each race and the Alpina setups.
    Thanks, see ya soon at a track near you.
    DAN

8. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Ya mean Alpina does not have a safety device to prevent this from happening? :D

Thanks again for being at SP.

9. Dan Lance

Rain director reply

They probably do but I didn't. Send me an email George with your contact info. I hope your cigars go stale. (better for you than fleas from camels in your pits) lol
    Soon my friend:p
    DL
    boy its early!!

Last edited: May 1, 2002