1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIR update

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by toecutter418, Aug 4, 2011.

1. toecutter418

toecutter418 Flat Rat Racing

Winners
    350gp bucky sexton
    500gp Bucky sexton
    V1 some schmuck
    V2 some schmuck
    V3 old oldowski
    V5 william brankin on duc (kanatuna crashed)

Hope all the facts are straight

2. charles

charles The Transporter

I call BS about Oldakowski...everyone knows he's been too old to race for decades.

3. charles

charles The Transporter

V1: Dean Middleton
    V2: some schmuck
    V6LW: William Brankin
    Formula 500: Scott Reavis
    Formula 2-Stroke; no one entered.

4. toecutter418

I only hope I'm as half as fast as he is when I'm his age. Wait, he's only 45???? Damn motorcycle racing is tougher than being in a band.

5. charles

charles The Transporter

The bike fire at Road A aged him...like a smoke-cured ham.

6. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

you and mercer ran great.

I had fun with Bucky.

THAT was a good trip!

7. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

So is Kanatuna ok?

8. WERA854

WERA854 Well-Known Member

It was great to see you Georgia boys again. Glad everyone had fun...looks like you had a couple of good scraps going on there.

I got sorted a bit by the second race, but it's going to take me more than 1 day to recalibrate my sight picture with the new chassis geometry. I also realized that I'm not going to catch a full-race motor with a 3/4 race motor...I think Dean was sandbagging in practice. ;) But he was on fire, and another motor wouldn't have been enough...no one was going to catch him that day.

Hope you all got some video footage. As usual, my cameras worked 50% of the time, but I did get the Race starts...I'll post the first lap of Race 1, looking forward, and Race 2, looking aft, since each camera worked for nearly 1 race apiece. :mad:

9. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

+1

10. toecutter418

He's fine. Think he won his next race.

11. toecutter418

Eric is the real champ here. He spent both practices teaching us southerners the track instead of using his practice to good use.

12. Steve 976

Steve 976 Well-Known Member

Eric and Dean, now that is a race to watch....

13. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Steve, I caught like the first lap:rolleyes:

Wish you could have made it man.

Hey Dean, thanx for the ride up there holmes!

14. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

Elbows and Screwdrivers

If it weren't for MB (RC51) throwing elbows and screwdrivers, I would have passed him sooner than lap 4 :crackup:

It was a good HW battle with MB as he got me off the start. But I chased him around the track, sticking to his rear tire except on the straights where he out motor'd me. Passed him going into turn one (lap 4) on the inside and ran like hell knowing he'd eat me up in the front straight if I didn't gap him in the corners. Appeared as if he tried to make the same pass I did going into turn one (lap 5) but was moving too fast to make the turn. Gotta give him a lot of credit... he made sure he cleared my path of travel before running off the track. He managed to keep the bike upright and got back on the track. Got my time into the 43s and picked up 3rd behind Jeff Johnson (1:40s) and Lance Yeager (1:38s). Those guys are fast!

There were only two of us in the MW race. Myself and Charles Moody. Appears Charles is fairly new to racing and this class, so hats off to him for joining us in V7 :beer:

Also ran the second hour and the last half of the forth hour of the endurance round on Friday with George McConnel on his first gen SV650, which I might add is sporting a new pearl white paint job by yours truly :D The seat time was invalueable. By the end of the race I was turning consistent 47s with a fast lap of 1:46.480. Pretty happy with those times considering I'm still dragging my boots and his footpegs. Maybe I can brace the toeslider areas with metal and create a cool spark-shower when cornering :cool:

Talladega is less than two weeks. Chuck is commited (maybe there's a pun intended), and I think Kevin is going to be there. Should be fun :up:

15. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Im looking forward to the Tally round. My bud Dave is picking up my plastic from Chuck so Matt can dress my bike for me. Cant wait to see it with the new paint job. Its gonna look GOOOOOOD!

16. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Who's picking up your plastic from me......lol. I stick bb gun targets on it and shoot at it in the back yard.....better come get it soon, I don't know how long that chuck Deez paint job is going to last....lol.

Actually it is safe Dyle. I was out in the shop yesterday and I though I stepped in dog crap.....I kept looking at the bottom of my shoe......then I remembered.....there is HRC stuff in the shop.......few....cause I really like my shoes....lol.

Chuck come get this stuff, the neighbors are wondering what that smell is.
    :Poke:

17. videojack

videojack Racing for Therapy

Videos are posted with a short write up.

I ran out of steam after the 99 degree racing, so the write up is short as is my stamina after VIR.
    http://vintageracer.wordpress.com/

18. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Come on now, even a guy with no taste or style at all gets lucky once in a while, I mean you got a good lucking wife and purty little girl, so you have to have some taste some where in you Dennis. :Poke:
    Plus maybe that HRC stuff will talk some good smack to the I-talon machine and poor depressed Kawi and get you back on the track.:D
    So be nice to it now.:beer:

19. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I'm alright folks. I high sided in race 9 and was back on the track with the bike by race 13 i think it was.... Good stuff. William got it all on tape. We will post it up at some point. Congrats to everyone. The vintage racers put on a good show. Dean was screaming at that track....the guy on the 500 single was pretty damn quick too. I saw him make a good save coming out of turn 3.