1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIR this weekend - general questions

Discussion in 'General' started by cowboy600rr, Mar 11, 2004.

1. cowboy600rr

cowboy600rr Well-Known Member

The following may sound ridiculous, but i'm hoping someone can clear up a couple of things for me. I'm doing the TPM trackday on Friday. I'm bringing a friend w/ me to help out. I called VIR to find out when the gates close on Thurs. Got a voicemail from VIR this morning stating the following: no camping Thurs night, no gate fees or spectator fees. It was suggested that I contact WERA about getting myself and my friend in for the races on Sat and Sun. What's the real deal? Will I have any issues? I've made all these arrangements to watch the weekend races and don't want to miss them. Thanks for your help... :confused:

2. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Camping is available Friday and Saturday night. I'm sure you will have to leave Friday afternoon to get a wrist band for the WERA stuff, but once you pay the gate fee and get the wrist band you will be good for the weekend.

3. r6_philly

r6_philly Well-Known Member

you can go in today to drop off equipment between 5:30 to 6:30 pm only. Gates will be closed from 6:30 pm til friday morning

4. ThrottleJock

ThrottleJock Has been/Never was

Which means if you get up there and in the gates before 6:30PM you should be able to camp. The "but I drove so far" sob story usually works.

5. cowboy600rr

perfect! exact answers i was hoping to see. as for getting in tonight... i'm not leaving work from Georgetown (D.C.) until 4-4:30, so i think i'm going to be cutting it a little close to beat the 6:30 gate time. ;) then again, i would what kind of speed i can average in my tahoe towing a u-haul trailer w/ a bike on it??? if i can average 150-ish mph, i just might make it. oh, i forgot. the sticker on the u-haul trailer says Speed Limit 45 mph...

6. ThrottleJock

ThrottleJock Has been/Never was

There should be some hotels with vacancies if worse comes to worse. It's not exactly a thriving metropolis. Just make sure you lock the bike in the trailer and the trailer to the vehicle and chain the tahoe to a tree just for safety's sake.

7. cowboy600rr

already got a hotel for fri and sat. hummm... since i had originally planned on keeping the bike and trailer at the track, i may have to rethink the locking up thing. crap! you make it sound like people will steal the shirt off your back if you're not careful. :wow:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2004
  8. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Only if you stay in Danville.

South Boston is much nicer :D .