1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIR the new GNF?

Discussion in 'General' started by slow rider, Aug 21, 2000.

1. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Stop telling everybody to move to the south. You just want to get your ass kicked by 50 guys insted of 20 or so. [​IMG]

2. wera122

wera122 Guest

Oh yeah! Well after another 5 or 10 years as a novice, I'll be faster than anybody down here, so bring it on! [​IMG]

3. Tracee Polcin

Still riding that dinasour too I bet!!!!

4. wera122

wera122 Guest

Hey, it's paid for. As long as I can keep fixing it, I'll keep riding it. I'm just following the fine example you're setting with your dinosaur! [​IMG]

Isn't it great how we can take a post, totally ruin the subject and run with it in our own direction? [​IMG]

5. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

I don't understand why everyone complains about the GNF being held down south. We have the Cycle Jam up here and that includes all the boys down south. I want to see RA stay as the GNF location. Personally, I wished we saw it in the normal National rotation like last year. I think the major question/thought should be about the Cycle Jam - the place is just too rough. For an event where everyone gets together and runs, it should be a much better place than it currently is. If the owners would just repave it. Anyway, I think VIR should be in consideration for the Cycle Jam and get Putnam back on the National schedule. As far as Mid-Ohio, I wish we could run the track all year. it is an awesome lay-out and has superior facilities. Cost to rent the track is a bit high, but matbe a Cycle Jam there would justify the costs. As far as the bumps, they aren't so bad. Plus, it can't be any worse than Nelson or Indy!

I wish we could hold a poll so that the riders are given a set of tracks that WERA considers ok to run a Cycle Jam at and we the riders choose. If that list is only 2 tracks, so be it. I feel that we should get out of Indy and focus on another northern track and keep the GNF down at RA.

6. Tracee Polcin

Yeah I know it must piss everybody off. One of my favorite things to do anyways. [​IMG]

7. MuzzyDawg

MuzzyDawg Member

How about taking it to Roebling Road?

8. wera122

wera122 Guest

Only if they include a fence jumping competition. I know I can make it next time! [​IMG]

9. Tracee Polcin

Tom I know what you're thinking. You've been watching the X-games haven't you. Gonna go for the flip huh? Hart made it but Pastrana came up a little short. [​IMG]

10. wera122

wera122 Guest

If there was a body of water on the other side of the fence I know I could have made it. The fine alone would be worth the media coverage! [​IMG]