1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIR CYCLE JAM with 4 Waves!!!!! say no more.......lol

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by motorcycleman, May 24, 2004.

1. motorcycleman

motorcycleman Well-Known Member

Wow,,,,,, who knew what an exciting weekend it would be showing up on Wed. night in hopes that it wouldn't rain. Being the support team of Bell's Honda and Bell's Suzuki we got all the pits set up just before 11pm at night and turned in for some shut eye. Practice went well on Thurs. my teammate Jim lawson #131 was turning some great laps and was getting us ready to race on Sat. Our best times were around 139 for me and he had a 137. We later found out that we needed 136s to win from 2nd and 3rd wave starts. I managed to get some points and not crash and that was the main point with 65 bikes on the grid. WOW............. The guys i raced with were all really good racers cause i had a few moments that really got tight and all my competitors held tight lines and no bobbles.........Jimmy Gibbs actually said hi to me with his front fender as i passed him on the outside in turn #4, we had a good laugh about it in the pits. I didn't see who it was but going up the hill after the bridge i hit my shoulder on a guy on a black bike and it shocked me to see it was his fork tube hitting me. WOW ........man if you read this post i have to give you credit for not crashing and taking us both out cause it was tight. I had another moment back in the S turns 7,8 and i actually had to pass by jumping from rumble to rumble and i don't want to do that again..........lol......... All and all it was a tough weekend to race with all the heat and so so so many riders and bikes on the track. Unfortunately there were many times i saw bikes without riders and for all those who crashed i hope everyone is alright and may your injuries heal fast. Thank you wera for such a fun time racing and to my teammate Jim Lawson for pushing me #131 and my other teammate Brad Noble for his support also. I was pleased to run in the points on a new bike, first time riding it, and being in so much traffic. Special thanks to Max with Traxxion for getting the suspension working perfect, Bell's Honda and Bell's Suzuki 859-299-3521, Hottbodies plastic, Silkoline, Pitbull, Noble's Body shop of Frenchburg, Napa auto parts of Frenchburg, Vesra break pads, 1-888-fastlap, kobe leathers, Arai helmets, Yoshi pipes, HONDA 600rr, VP fuel, Vortex, Solid Platinum, and special thanks to Stickboy and Bridgestone tires they're awesome 002s will be the tire of many of you guys after you try them.............mark my words..............see ya at SUMMIT fellow racers JOHN PELPHREY#185 600RR