1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIR camping??

Discussion in 'General' started by Stimy25, May 15, 2002.

1. Stimy25

Stimy25 Well-Known Member

How much is camping at VIR???

2. thane

thane Well-Known Member

When I camped there last year, camping was included, just like at Summit Point. Nice facilities, too. Great place.

thane

3. ZebProctor

ZebProctor Well-Known Member

well then let's rephrase the question, how much does power cost? Casue although you can camp at Summit for free, power sure as hell is gonna cost ya 20 bucks

4. RandyD

RandyD Zoinks!!!

I camped there last year for free, but have been charged $5 a night during the WERA national in 2000. Either way its not expensive, and there are decent showers and electricity.

5. thane

thane Well-Known Member

Don't remember exactly the cost of power. Bout the same as Summit, give or take. I camp in a tent; so I didn't notice if the power boxes came with RV hook up, but if I had to guess, I bet they do.

thane

6. Bruce Brown

Bruce Brown Well-Known Member

Two buildings with showers. The first building houses the concession, 4-wheel race gear shop, and the toilets with 4 Corian lined (yes expensive Corian at a race track!) shower stalls. The second is the barn looking building on the opposite end of the paddock. It has four outdoor showers but each stall is private with a roof and cement floor (pretty cool).

I don't remember a camping fee last August and I don't believe they charged me extra for electricity hookup since all I had to run was a few lights and box fan. The the guy at the gate was really nice and seemed to use common sense about charging for electricity (you got an RV expect to be charged, IMO).

Call or email VIR, the site is www.virclub.com, if you want to make sure of the above.

7. Don_728

Don_728 The dog made me do it!

Air conditioned showers, hot water o plenty with white and black checkered floors .... "decent" ?

I'd love to see what "good" is :D

Don

8. jarcoco

jarcoco shimmy shimmy coco puff

its 10 bucks, yo. they give you a different arm band for electricity and you gots to attach it around your power cord so they know you paid