1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIR 8/18-19th.

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by FED34FIRE, Aug 8, 2001.

1. FED34FIRE

FED34FIRE Well-Known Member

Anybody going to Vintage Races at VIR next weekend. Haven't heard anybody talking about it.

2. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Team Gianini is planning to attend from what i hear. I'll be there, as well as a few others that I know(Kenneth George,team rd, Richard Lucas, Mark Mitchell) I think you can count on anyone with mid-atl. points to show up because its the last race of that series. If you haven't been, you should go, the place is awsome!!!

3. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

You better believe a bunch of us are going! We wouldn't miss a great opportunity like racing at VIR.

By the way... when do the gates open/close? The Hep Cats probably won't be able to show up until after 10pm. Friday night.

4. FED34FIRE

Yes, I'll be there for the first time. Heard nothing but good things about the place. Only my third weekend racing. Will any of you be running in Vintage 5?

5. RZ Racer

Will any of you be running in Vintage 5?

You better believe it!! Look for an all white rz with #1. Stop over and say high!! What kind of fzr are you on?

6. Cyclephoto

Cyclephoto Well-Known Member

Rick Breckon of WERA Vintage, and Steve-O will be comming up to VIR from FLA to party with us.
    All the Moto Europa sponsored "Mid Atlantic Championship" folks will have their final race and awards.
    I know our Georgia buddies are planning to be there.
    George "the rain Director" Moode, and "flyin Al Wilcox" will run the show.
    I will check with the track, as to how long the front gate stays open for you late arrivals.

7. Cyclephoto

Cyclephoto Well-Known Member

I have talked with VIR, they will have their front gate open 24 hrs. all weekend starting on Thursday night, 8/17, so ya'll can come in late, and wake up all the geezers in the pits.

[This message has been edited by Cyclephoto (edited 08-10-2001).]

8. FED34FIRE

Will do. I'll be riding my '86 FZ600 Blue #600. Can't miss me in that bright orange t-shirt. RZ's are great. Still have my old FZR1000 too. Guess I should change my user name. See ya there!

9. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Gee whiz, golly!! That sure is swell!! I'll have my "Best of Bobby Burgess Accordian Solos" crankin!! An'a one, an'a two...

10. RZ Racer

I could alwys add "REVILE" to my set list....Oh wait, that means I would have to get up early.

11. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Hold on, Pal. Ya gotta have a muffler on that Trumpet... it says so in the rulebook. Whether it's the bike or instrument, rules are rules!