1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage VIR

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by WERA854, Aug 5, 2009.

1. WERA854

WERA854 Well-Known Member

Any WERA lurkers going to do the AHRMA event on the South Course this weekend? I see a lot of familiar names on the pre-entry list: Joyce, Andreson, Pooler, Dixon (the anti-WERA :rolleyes:), Mercer, Cummings, Roper, Rickard, Wells, Moore. Buff says he'll be wrenching for some west-coast guy...Henning, or something like that.

Who'd I miss?

2. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Rumor has it we'll see- Tony Read with OEM exhaust, Chad Bebout on a BSA ???

3. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

WTF is AHRMA?

:Pop:

4. YAM#849

Someday you'll get fast enough to find out... :Poke:

5. james walker

pffft. :cool:

6. T.Read

T.Read Well-Known Member

Yeah I'll be there with my old pipes. We'll see what they try to protest me on this weekend. Fingers crossed that nothing happens to the bike and I'm full straightaways ahead of second again and make them feel dumb for protesting me last time. Got a couple of new guys from Nashville with me too.

7. YAM#849

Are the new guys doing riders school, or have they already done that?

Hey JW- is pffffft the sound that a Honda with stock exhaust makes?

8. james walker

don't know. y'all would have to tell me...i'm not usually behind one. :moon:

again with the :cool:

9. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

Walker is feeling it this morning, I see.....

JW, you going to Tally 8/23?

Fired up my freshly rebuilt motor last night.....

10. james walker

'don't know just yet.

you bringing the rest of the KWC? i hear Steve did alright at MidO :up:

11. T.Read

T.Read Well-Known Member

They are schooled up. John did his at the Vintage Challenge at Barber, Eric did his with me at Nashville last year. Eric raced at Barber last year, but hasn't been able to make any races this year so far.

12. YAM#849

What about Jennings on Labor Day weekend? Anybody headed down there?

13. Nosferatu

Nosferatu WERA 996 AHMRA 248

I'm planning to be in Jennings and may go to Talladega. Did my first race in mid Ohio. I'm trying to finish my GP350 as my Yamaha CT1 will not be competitive in GP350....I actually don't know if I can even race it on GP350 just for the fun....any input on the viability of use the CT1 in the event the 350 is not ready will be much apreciated.

14. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Good luck Tony!! Make me proud...:up:

15. YAM#849

A CT-1 is usually what I ride for WERA 350GP (in AHRMA 350GP the competition is too tough, won't cut it). Haven't been able to beat smartypants JW recently, since he got his Honda sorted out. But I've put my on the podium more than a few times, at well attended races. Check some of the Mylaps results. If you see my name or Jack Parker's, that'll be a CT-1
    Shoot me an email if you want to talk CT tuning. jay.c.anderson at ulalaunch.com

16. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Tehehehe...carl said smartypants :D dont forget he's also from Smartassville! :up: yeah Carl I think we got that honder sorted out :rock:

Hey Eric, thanx for all the info off-line earlier. I did plan on running VIR, until the night before Kershaw I found major engine problems.....also sorry I missed that battle with you and JBub :up:

17. james walker

and John too ;)

18. WERA854

WERA854 Well-Known Member

You were missed. Speaking of that race, I'm too embarrassed to admit why my motor lost power, but suffice it to say it wasn't anything very exotic, and digging any one of the 4 other carbs out of the box would have fixed it in about 3 minutes. :eek: Too bad, that was an epic race while it lasted.

Hope not to be fooling with the CVs this weekend...gonna try a set of Mikunis if I can get them sorted this afternoon.

19. T.Read

T.Read Well-Known Member

Sure thing Teach!!:D

20. Steve 976

Steve 976 Well-Known Member

I did not realise that is labor day weekend, Ill be there. Doesn't look good for VIR this weekend though. 450 is running and shifting, for now. 350 is still pushed into the corner. It won and then broke the camchain at Mid-Ohio. It will stay parked until I am no longer pissed off at it.