1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage races same day as school?

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by diamondj, Jul 25, 2013.

1. diamondj

diamondj Well-Known Member

I searched for this info but did not find it - with the revised schedule for weekends with vintage races, is it possible to get in a vintage race the same weekend as the school or would the weekend be a school only activity on Saturday? And the racing would have to wait for a different weekend?

2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I thought that would be the case for me at Barber. School Sat morning then mock race at the end of the day. BUT they had the mock race first right after lunch and I could've raced V6LW a little later that afternoon. I was too damned worn out though stressing having to get through school, so I didn't do it. Had I known previously, I could have prepared better. I did race on Sunday though in a couple of modern classes.

What bike/class?

What track?

3. diamondj

Unicorns, rainbows, and ballerinas? What did you do now?

bike is a Suzuki T500 - class would be F500 and bump to V3

track would be Summit in August.

4. craig641

craig641 Well-Known Member

Summit in August? With WERA?

I know there's a WERA race at Summit in September. Didn't think there was one in August. Anyhow you'll be able to take the school and race on the same day. Assuming you pass your school of course.

Craig

5. diamondj

That's what I get for trying to do work at the same time I'm doing something important like posting on the beeb!

September at Summit - not August....

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes, we'll be able to get you into the races that day as long as the instructor is good with what you learned in the morning.

7. Naveed123

Naveed123 New Member

posting

morning then mock race at the end of the day. :FL: