1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage payout

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by WERA33, Apr 16, 2002.

1. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

has anyone thought about having a purse structure in vintage? something similar to the solo races? i dont believe any other vintage org's are doing it, so it may be interesting if wera tried it.

2. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

We already have one!We pay we race!Been that way forever!LOL!Takes the fun out off this if we start trying to make money at it!But ill be first in line if they start paying!!Need new shoes!!!

Steven #1 vintage 6

3. 2cents

2cents Guest

Congratulations on your #1 but... please try a little humility. It seems every time you post you end up tooting your own horn about your championship. It does get old. I know it's a major achievement and didn't come easily (but as Barry Sheen said, "let's face it... to win you need a little luck") but don't forget that your competitors could have won it and they (as well as your predecessors) exhibit far more class and restraint.

I don't mean to embarass you with this post but let's face it, you need to be respectful of talented racers like Rob and Dale. Keep up the self congratulatory rhetoric and you will alienate yourself from quite a few people in this organization.

4. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

OK!Lets see Dales great well race later this summer,I show up on a 750 down on HP,Dale blows 2 motors dosent race!I did what i have too and got 3!Dale goes to races takes point away from others!Thats his job if he want the #1 plate.Have nothing but respect for him!Love to get on the track and get busy!Rob!No a happy camper!Hes fast!Didnt like it that i won the #1 plate!He made that fact CLEAR to me!Sorry! He won the race did a great job!Now Ill be back to give them a chance to take from me.Hell anything can happen(Dale)Motor blows up on 2 bikes.Hell im on a 86VFR that i cant find parts for to make it run faster!Sorrt it bothers you,But i earned the #1 plate and im going to use it!Hell no one likes me anyway!LOL!I wont post,Ill just show up and race,like ive been doing for 11yrs now!So now because i put #1 no ne will like me?I would say maybe you mite get over it.I have a ego but not that i havent been lost a race!I got a chance to meet some nice racers at The GNF and had a blast.If i lost it so be it,but i won,Great now to next year.Ill be at road atlanta in july,cant make the talladega trip,was going to but too much time off at the shop!So if it bother you that much dont wave when you walk buy my pits,but if you stop maybe we can have a chat and you mite like me!LOL!See you at the races!

Steven #1 vintage 6

5. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Tim J, Mark M, Buff H, Steve M... they're all nice guys and won at least one championship in 2001, yet you wouldn't know it. That's probably one of the reasons why they are well liked.

[This message has been edited by Diesel (edited 04-17-2002).]

6. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Looking for your purse again, huh?

7. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

If I can pass you with the 175, are you going to try to hit me with your purse as I go by? [​IMG]

8. wera 688

wera 688 in the mosh pit

I dont know anybody on this thread personally but I think if you have earned the #1 plate it is an honor. Those who didn't now have a chance (and a target) to beat the #1 plate. A person might not ever get to run with the #1 plate ever again, so I think you should use it while you can. I guess it's just part of the fun.

-Kith, #1 Clubman Expert SE Region (regularly #688 in V5 races) [​IMG]

9. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Wow!! I thought I was the one that was guilty of always blowing my own horn!

Mark "Bugle Boy" Morrow

97,99,00,01 #1 f-2stroke
    98,00,01 #1 v5
    99,01 #1 f-rd
    01 #1 f-500
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

------------------

10. wera 688

wera 688 in the mosh pit

Mark, you da man! also, congrats on your endurance win!

11. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Y' know... I suddenly don't like you. [​IMG]
    A heartbreaking thought for you, I bet.

12. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

If you want to ruin vintage racing, go ahead & pay out money.

A Bad, Bad, Bad, Bad idea............

On the other matter, I'm very "respectful" of Rob as long as he keeps the beer flowing [​IMG]

Some people do alot of talking off the track, some do all there talking on the track, some do both. To each his own I say. Since I've never won anything, I do alot of talking & have no idea what I'm talking about.

By the way, what were we talking about?

Oh yea. Robs beer [​IMG]

13. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Never heard back, I assume the brake arrived ok & everythings cool ?

14. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

[This message has been edited by YAM#849 (edited 04-18-2002).]

15. still novice

still novice Guest

can't we just race for beer?

16. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

It arrived and I'm in heaven. I haven't done anything to it yet aside from adding the two needed springs. I'm too busy fondling it while watching old racing videos of IOM, Ulster and The Nurburgring.

Thanx mang... it's a beaut.

17. Don_728

Don_728 The dog made me do it!

[​IMG] eww.... I hope you washed it first [​IMG]

18. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Actually I greased it up pretty well. Maybe I should slip something over it for protection?

19. Don_728

Don_728 The dog made me do it!

considering where it came from ......

20. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Hey thanks!! Actually we ended up 2nd in class(hwsb) and 3rd overall. Interestingly enough, we were the only bike on the podium w/out a #1 on it!! Thank goodness the AMA was having a race on the west coast that weekend wich drew most of our competition's "ringers" away. This weekend will be a little bit tougher methinks. [​IMG]

Steven, don't take the criticism to heart. We all like to show off a little bit now and then. Most people that know me personally think I'm a nice guy,(at least for a leo...) but I'd venture to say that most bbsers think I'm a bit of a prick. Bbs tends to bring out the A-hole in all of us. Not sure why, maybe because everyone on the bbs is an "expert" opinion, whereas at the track, we let our actions speak for themselves. Any thoughts anyone?
    Well, I'm off to nfmp, I hope no rd's are abused too badly on the bbs while I'm gone.