1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Motorcycle Days

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Jul 2, 2009.

1. RENCRN8

RENCRN8 Fornicate Sailor Jerry

Well, I was hoping for some clarification before I preregistered. Has there been any decisions made definitely? I want to run what would be LWTSS, LWTSB, HWTSS, and HWTSB. What classes would that officially translate to? Thanks!

2. 787RR

787RR Well-Known Member

RENCRN8

You will run in STARS Lightweight, Middleweight, and Heavyweight and you can run MTT. I must worn you that STARS Heavyweight and Lightweight will most likely run in the same race in two different waves. So I would suggest signing up of for STARS LW, MW and MTT. I hope this helps.

3. RENCRN8

RENCRN8 Fornicate Sailor Jerry

That does help, but what is MTT? Looks like I will be following your advice! Thanks

4. Thekd2

Thekd2 Well-Known Member

5. Triumph#207

Triumph#207 Well-Known Member

I emailed AMA with a couple of questions several weeks ago but have yet to receive a response. My main question was concerning the AMA rules requirement requiring drum brakes for the EAT class. Confusing the issue is that there is no asterisk against BEARS that is the AHRMA cross-over class that permits disc brakes implying that bikes that meet the AHRMA rules are legal.

Several potential entrants for the EAT class are confused by this apparent conflict.:confused: Wonder if you could achieve resolution with your AMA connections otherwise I know of several potential entrants who will not take the risk of being protested for using disc brakes in the EAT class.

Thanks in advance.:up:

6. NYCNorton

NYCNorton Holmeslice

Well said, Malcolm. I logged in tonight to speak specifically to this point. I hope there will be true crossover to the AHRMA BEARS rules. I know of at least 3 entries (not counting Malcolm) that can't enter if this drum brake rule is upheld. I wrote to the AMA but have yet to get a response.

Mongo, or someone else of authority, can you let us know if this is in stone?

Thanks.

7. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

You guys just run sot .:)

8. Triumph#207

Triumph#207 Well-Known Member

The lurkers has now chimed-in Kenny with very helpful suggestions:rolleyes:

Just sour grapes is all since they isn't going so just ignore them :moon:

Hi Tim [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  9. NYCNorton

NYCNorton Holmeslice

Tim, you're diluting our posts. Stay over in your own corner.

So... anyone have any contact info for the VMD rules folks?

10. phantom 309

:moon:Good luck

11. 787RR

787RR Well-Known Member

I will talk with the folks at the AMA and get back with everyone this weekend. If you have any other questions please send me a PM and I can try to get you an answer.

12. racertex

racertex vintage dude

i got a ride offered to me for the event and i'd like to see where it fits first.......

it is a Yamaha SR500, fully faired.

normally it would be a V2 and bump up to V3 in the WERA classes.

what's screwing me up is the cutoffs in years on the ama site. the SR500 is a 1978. anyone have any incite?

thanks in advance,

tex

13. racertex

racertex vintage dude

also realized that the SR500 would go into Formula 500 too!

14. phantom 309

why is it only a select few can get answers?

15. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

They're trying to keep the riff-raff out:D

16. phantom 309

I think its backfiring.

17. NYCNorton

NYCNorton Holmeslice

:crackhead:

You're just jealous. Admit it Timmy. You're a junkie whore. You know your other junkie whore friends are gonna be out hitting the old race-pipe, and you're jonesing cuz you won't be in on the session.

18. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Are you sure?.......I'm not going:D

19. phantom 309

going racing tomorrow nite, roundy round, come on you know you want to home slice. :moon:

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because we're all working other events too and this being a new event essentially things are being sorted out as quickly as we can.