1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Duc racers/fans

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by MellowYellow, Feb 19, 2011.

1. MellowYellow

MellowYellow Will work for race gear

I found a guy just north of me with three Ducs. A 250 & 450 flattrackers, and a 350 road racer, as well as a bunch of parts. I'm thinking of making him an offer on the whole lot and racing all three once restored.

My question is there anything I should look out for? All 3 are barn bikes and need work. Nothing major though, although the 350 needs a carb.

2. racertex

racertex vintage dude

jealous!

3. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Run don't walk away. Then send me his phone number.

4. turboguzzi

turboguzzi Active Member

beautiful things, though ask yourself how much time (and skills) you have to shower them with TLC or pay someone else to?

This is true vintage stuff, not 80's-90's Japanese bikes with which you can still put gas and top up oil and run week after week.

should be beautiful machines otherwise! any pics?

5. MellowYellow

Skill I have, time, not so much. I have pics in my email but I've been on my iPhone for te last 3 days as I have yet to get home do to a work emergency. I'll post pics when I can n

6. UngaWunga

UngaWunga Well-Known Member

Those are on Ebay, aren't they?

7. MellowYellow

Don't know. I refuse to have anything to do with fleabay. I found out about the bikes through a friend.

8. jake coye

jake coye Active Member

I had too much fun with my 450 desmo road racer. I say do it. Jake

9. turboguzzi

turboguzzi Active Member

wont hurt to add that the bang per buck factor on these ducs would be directly proportional to your body size.

At 6'4" I cant even consider them, I would look like an elephant s****ing an ant on one.

They do look like they need a lot of TLC in ebay...

10. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Ducati singles are very cool vintage bikes. They are charismatic and just cool. They are also fairly complicated compared to other bikes, often in unimportant ways, and parts are expensive and sometimes hard to find. Your mechanical skills have to be more than just those of a parts changer to get the most out of them. I have two bevel drives, a single and a twin and I really enjoy riding them, working on them, looking at them, having them. They are two of the bikes I stop and turn around and stare at on the way out of the garage, every time. Red paint and really nice polished die casting, what can you say? Mechanically, their attraction and their frustrating part is the same. Think more a complicated late 50's design than a simple and efficient early 70's design. A TT 500 is a way better engine, robust and reliable, but it lacks the Italian charm. So if I have talked you out of this send me his number!

11. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

I've been riding and racing little and big ducks for 40 plus years.....there so cool......get them and be a kid again........

12. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

meh, Ducs are ok...if you're into that Eurotrash sort of stuff :rolleyes:

:D

Ducs...cool
    Doug...not so much :moon:

13. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

14. 72westie

72westie Well-Known Member

If you do get these bikes and need some extra parts, let me know. I have a buddy down here in Bowling Green who is a big Duc guy and has most likely anything you would need, including the carb for the 350.