1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Championship

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 83BSA, May 29, 2016.

1. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Ok just so everyone knows and is new or as was in my case not paying attention.
    The best four races DO NOT INCLUDE THE HW V6 and All V7 classes. They have 6 best finishes toward GNF.
    Not sure it ever was fixed in rule book. So V6 LW and down classes this Best of 4 applies too.

Steven Isenhower #52

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think it's been right the last couple of years but it's a good reminder.

3. 27stormin

27stormin Well-Known Member

Is this the same for V8? I RTFB last year and it was still the 4best + GNFx2, that is why i didn't go to the GNF.
    So V6, V7 & V8 are winner take all?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

V6 HW, V7 MW, V7 HW, V8 MW, V8 HW - those 5 classes are best 6 regular season points plus double points for the GNF to determine the National Champion. Tie breaker is the GNF finish.

5. 27stormin

So basically, if you want the NC you have to out drive everybody else.:moon:

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Being someone that lives in the black hole of racetracks in this country, it's always been that way. If I'm driving less than 6 hours it's a bonus.

7. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Look at AHRMA. That has pretty much always been a driving mileage contest. WERA is local in comparison.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's a National Championship based on points so yes, same as they all are :D

9. 27stormin

Mongo, This is from the rulebook on the website:
    6. WERA divides the country into geographic areas. Within each area a series of sprint races are held. The Sportsman/Vintage Regional Class Champion will be the racer with the highest point accumulation in their class at the end of the season in each region. The Sportsman National Class Champion shall be the rider who wins his/her class at the Grand National Final. The Vintage National Champion will be the rider with the highest point accumulation in their class at the end of the year taking their 4 best finishes at any Vintage round throughout the year and adding it to their finsh at the GNF which will count for double points.

The rulebook on the website says it is from 2015, is there a 2016 version, and did this get changed at the beginning of the year?

6 races, 7 counting the GNF, seems like an awful lot of races for us old guys.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The races I listed run every Sportsman event including twice on double header weekends. Getting 6 can be done in three events...