1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Art

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Cyclephoto, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Cyclephoto

Cyclephoto Well-Known Member

Tim Joyce on his new creation - MAP, D&D Cycles, Glass From The Past, Sharp Engineering backed Frame crafters, Triumph 750 twin. Looking forward to seeing everyone at VIR.

Attached Files:

2. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

SWEET:bow: Rumor has it that thing has 72 hp and weighs 281 lb!

3. racertex

racertex vintage dude

sweet! nice work tim! looks like a peel fairing.....correct?
    weren't they called the "peel, mountain _______(something)______" fairing.

lance weil had one, but it wasn't as pretty as yours. of course having it mounted on a bike rather than dusty on a shelf is at least half of it.

i think you should bring that beautiful bike up to mid-ohio this year. i'll send you a "tex is a pussy" shirt for your trouble. perhaps i'll even screen it on one of my triumph t-shirts.

cheers,

texy

4. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Lookin good Tim!:up:....I look forward to hearing it.

5. NYCNorton

NYCNorton Holmeslice

Since Timmy is up in Tennessee with no internet for a few days, I'll chime in on his behalf, having spent 12 days with him during the first runs of this bike:

It is a Seeley/Rob North Triple inspired frame done by Framecrafters. There is immense adjustability to swingarm pivot, shock location, triple clamp offset, etc. Very nice. Framecrafters did the tanks too.

It is a Peel Mountain Mile-type fairing, made by Glass From The Past. Tim modified it by adding a scoop on the LH side to ram some air into his belt drive, and may put another opening on the RH side for the oil cooler, which is currently running on a frame downtube just behind the fiberglass.

Oh, the front fender - from a GSXR something or other *cough cough*

The front end is a stock 80's era CB750 supersport.

This photo is taken from Sunday at Grattan as he is running the Supertrapp XR750 pipes (before this he was running Supertrapp open megaphones), which gave a "seat-of-the-pants" dyno reading of significant more power.

He was running Amal MK2 36mm carbs here.

After this weekend, he put it on the dyno and raised the power from 61hp as he was running at Grattan, to 73hp at the rear wheel by adding these XR750 pipes in conjunction with jetting, timing and ultimately going up to 40mm carbs.

Damn thing is fast, and the rider is pretty good too.

Okay, that's the last bit of praise he's getting from me for a while. :Poke:

6. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

That bike really is art!!:up: Nice to see a post from the "other" Mark....it's been a while!

So what classes will that show up in for WERA??
    V3?
    V4?

V5??!!??:eek::wow::rock:

7. T.Read

T.Read Well-Known Member

PS, he did go out in BOT at Grattan and whipped up on all the SV650s.

8. charles

charles The Transporter

Now Tim, c'mon to some WERA races so we can have at ya!

9. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

Home at last, this is a v-4 bike because of the frame mark.Same motor as the v-3 bike but this is a short rod and the other is long. Tex think its called peal mounyain mile.No mid-o for me this year but see ya at VIR