1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

video editing programs

Discussion in 'General' started by slidewayzBLAKE, Dec 14, 2006.

1. slidewayzBLAKE

slidewayzBLAKE I do the doubles

are there any video editing programs i could download off the internet for free and how do you put videos on you tube???

2. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

movie maker is installed free on XP... under the accessories menu item. It does well for making basic wmv files.

3. slidewayzBLAKE

thanks alot btw i got a mini Dv video camera how would i get the video from the camera to the computer to edit it??

4. Merl991

Merl991 Red River Racing

some camera's you can hook up directly to usb with the software that comes with it. your best bet would be to buy a video capture card for your pc.

5. slidewayzBLAKE

i did have usb cord with mine but lost it:confused: ill look around and see if its still in the box with some software

6. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

You really need a firewire cable. USB will not have enough bandwidth to capture all the frames.

7. slidewayzBLAKE

:confused: im not good at all with computers, what is that?

8. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

USB 2.0 has more bandwidth than firewire. For vidcap applications USB 2.0 is just as good, if not better, than firewire. If his cam has USB support I'd bet it's 2.0.

You can get a USB cable at any computer store, they're standard.

9. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

Hmmm... that's weird... I know my laptop has USB 2.0.. but when I originally captured it, it was really choppy.

The camcorder is about 5 years old, maybe it's only 1.0?

10. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Hard to say, USB 2.0 was new just about then, so it might be 1.1. Firewire is a better choice for vidcap than USB 1.1.