1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Victory / Polaris sportbike?

Discussion in 'General' started by Chubby Huggs, Jul 26, 2002.

1. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

Victory cycles (Polaris) to be coming out with a sportbike?

http://www.victory-usa.com/victory.asp

Go to their site and another window will pop up. It's a teaser showing stuff for a new bike/ 4 wheeler/ snow mobile / PWC to be debuted on 1 Aug.

Anyone with any insight?

2. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I just happened across that website earlier today! Its certainly peaked my curiousity. Actually, it also peaked my curiousity about how Victory is still in business when I've never seen a single bike of theirs on the road. Heck, I have an Excelsoir-Henderson in my parking lot at work and yet I've seen ZERO Victories. Strange.

3. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

Easy, they stay in business because Polaris is HUGE. As I recall, they make Harley Davidson look like a two-bit nobody as far as overall revenues are concerned. Polaris wants to be in the streetbike business and the other divisions can afford to back the streetbike division for a long time to make that happen.

I've also seen a Victory or two on the road.

4. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Good point! That's the same paradigm several other auto makers are using to gain market share in a declining market. In this case, I hope it works.

5. James#306

James#306 Backmarker Extraordinaire

Oh Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!

It will still suck compared to the Imports but its bound to be better than what Buell was forced to turn out.

There is a Victory dealer here in Columbus and I've been tempted to buy a VC-92 a couple of times (its just not quite sport focused enough...)
    The finish and performance of them is much better than HDs IMHO
    This will be interesting...

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I hope it's a sport bike, but the tranision from the seat to the tank looks a little too cruiser-esqe. I'm betting on some sort of "power cruiser".

7. ZebProctor

ZebProctor Well-Known Member

I know i would seriously consider getting one, and from what I saw, it looks to be a pure sportbike....

8. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

Please, oh please , oh please, make this a real American sportsbike, and not another sheep in wolves clothing...

9. sprbeast

sprbeast Member

I ain't say'in where i heard this, and I ain't say'in it's true. but rumor has it that it was designed with the same principals as the TULARIS seen in RRW and other mags. which that bike is centered around I believe a 700 twin smoker. this one has polaris' venerable 800 triple out of their musclesled. now i don't know if anyone is familiar with the hp of those things but you are looking at 140-150 stock! put a set of pipes on and lookin at 160+hp. the new bike might even have polaris' PVT (polaris variable transmission) which would allow for seamless gear changes. (none) so no worry'in bout chang'n gears or shift patterns. looks like they are targeted for sale in canada and overseas to get past the emissions standards. but word has it there might be one with smog equipment to be sold in the US. but the specs on that are that it cranks out a good 25-28hp. but keep it under your hats since they don't want the competition to get wind of it. I believe what this all boils down to. is that polaris got pretty pissed off when yamaha put the R1 motor in their new four stroke sled. So they are putting their top cheese motor in a bike frame. and don't forget to look for the linked brake system and floorboards.
    like i said this might be a rumor

10. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

OK it's 1 Aug.

Where's the news?!?!?!?!

11. ZebProctor

there ain't none, cause there isn't going to be a victory bike.... geez......

12. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Are you satan?

13. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

If this were going to be a sportbike, we would have heard about it by now. In a magazine, online, somewhere. Someone would have gotten spy-shots.

Word on the street is that it's going to be a 4-wheeler.

I could be wrong, though. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

14. ZebProctor

you're right, it's a four-wheeler.... anyone want to see pictures of this mysterious bike.... it pisses me off cause I would have been on of the first people to buy a true american sportbike.....

15. ZebProctor

16. Tracy S

Tracy S Well-Known Member

Is it me or does that thing look like a bug! If its like any of the current Polaris Quads, it will last about 1 year before it falls apart.

17. Sean Jordan

Sean Jordan Well-Known Member

What's the Buell Firebolt?

18. ZebProctor

notice I said TRUE american sportbike...

19. ZebProctor

a PIECE OF SH**!!!!

20. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

Shouldn't that be a piece of nuts?

And Hey it's not by the way!!!!!

I actually like it......:eek: