1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vfr750fr

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by oldguy65, Jan 16, 2012.

1. oldguy65

oldguy65 New Member

Mesh here and was wondering if a 1994 VFR750fr would be a good bike to start out on. Any and all would be greatly appreciated and thanks

2. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

Great streetbike, not so great racebike.
    If it's in really good condition, I'd sell / trade for a racebike.
    Bottom line is it's too heavy. Sure it could be done, track days, whatever, but I suspect a SV 650 will be a lot better choice.

Once you crash that thing, replacement parts will be very expensive, or nowhere to be found. There is no alternative (that I know of) to the stock plastic.

My '94 VFR has about 35k miles, like I said - GREAT streetbike...

3. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I assume its best fitment would be V7HW? Wouldnt do so well there. Love the sound/ride of those but not that great for racing. Many race older race bikes can be had for about $1500....

4. oldguy65

oldguy65 New Member

Thanks you all . I work for a wrecked company and got it at one of our auctions for 600.00 and wanted to track it . It didn't have any FAIRINGS on it and I found so at airtech but they want 1000.00 for the race set so I wanted to see what yall thought about it as a track bike before I started spending anything on it. Guess ill sell it

5. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Where are you located? I come across cheap track bikes/projects all the time.