1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vesrah SRJL 8 vs Other Vesrah Pads

Discussion in 'Tech' started by John LegionST, Dec 21, 2011.

1. John LegionST

John LegionST Well-Known Member

I have a set of Vesrah SRJL 8 pads. All I ever see anyone talking about on here are SRJL 17's and SRJL XX's.

Does anyone have experience with the 8's? How do they compare to the 17/XX?

2. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

3. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

4. kurveygirl

kurveygirl Well-Known Member

From our understanding, the SRJL-8 compound has less initial bite than the RJL pads, with a progressive rise in power.

The rise in braking power is a bit faster than the XX pads, but the final braking power is not as high as the XX pads.

Mark over at VesrahUSA is your best bet to get a full description of the brake pad performance characteristics.

5. John LegionST

HAHAHAHAHA, thank you very much guys, however, that pic is the one bit of info I have been able to find about them. I guess I'm looking more for real world feedback...

Thank you! That is the impression I got from the graph except they appear to end up with the most power... which might not be a good thing.

I sometimes use a fair amount of trail braking... My worry is that when trail braking into a longer sweeper or decreasing radius, that as time goes by they will start to grab harder and harder and make the chances of a low-side on the brakes higher. (hope that made sense in you heads like it did mine) My thoughts are that the consistency of the other Vesrah pads might make them better for trail braking, plus the initial bite is there for late brakers (also me).

Also, I have heard that the initial LACK of bite was un-nerving for a few riders...

I'll probably just end up trying them, but I'd rather not if they are confirmed to be what I am thinking they are, and would rather sell them to someone who likes them so I can get some 17's or XX's (I know people are going to say just try them but I am on quite a tight budget this year...)

Thanks again for your replies.

6. kurveygirl

kurveygirl Well-Known Member

Brake pad feel is a very personal thing and if the pads don't give you confidence in pushing that extra 5% harder, then they are not what you need.

The person with the most experience with the Vesrah SRJL-8 compound is Mark over at VesrahUSA.com. Mark developed and raced all the Vesrah racing compounds and he would be the person you should ask for a detailed feel description on the SRJL-8 compound.

I would go over to VesrahUSA.com and send a message thought the "Contact US" section on the website. If you don't get an answer quickly, drop me a note and I will do what I can to get you an answer.

KG

7. John LegionST

Thanks again KG! and I completely agree. I have emailed Mark before about his products and always received a prompt and good response. I will do that also, was just hoping to get some real world feedback from other racers that have tried them first.

8. rraiderr

rraiderr Ron Jermey Jr

Not sure if this helps but I also heard about the lack of initial bite when I wanted to go from the 17 to the XX. It kept me away for a while but I finally did it and I am so glad I did.

The difference in initial bite was not a problem as I got used to it in a very short time. I am really digging the XX far better than the 17 and I am so glad I took the risk and tried them out.

9. bidwell

bidwell Well-Known Member

I've been using the XX for a year or 3 now and love em. I really like the slightly soft initial bite with a nice progressive increase in power as you increase lever pressure. IMO a strong initial bite is far more likely to get you in trouble by overloading the front before proper weight transfer.