1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vesrah RJL brake pads '03 1000/'04 600

Discussion in 'Tech' started by roy826ex, Feb 24, 2004.

1. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Do the current '03 1000 pads work/will work on the '04 600?? anyone know?? They have the same caliper don't they?? tokico radial.......

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Probably given Suzuki's penchant for re-using the same parts. email nancy at vesrah dot com and she'll be able to tell you for sure.

3. Gumby647

Gumby647 Señor Member

Actually I think they are different. I know that the 04 1000 uses different pads than the 03 so I imagine that the 04 600 will use the newer style calipers. I have one at the shop but haven't looked at the brakes yet.

4. roy826ex

Thanks mongo I sent nancy a email this morning.:) I hope they are the same since it would make ordering them easy right now because they would already be available on the market.

5. roy826ex

The '03 1000 had radial calipers to didn't it?:confused: I am almost sure it did. The '02 was the old style calipers. The '04 1000 I looked at yesterday at the shop were the same as the '04 600.

6. roy826ex

They are different according to Nancy. From her email:

Roy,

The compound will be the same, but the pad model is different. The 03
    GSXR1000 takes a 4 piece per caliper pad. All the new 2004 GSXRs take a 2
    piece per caliper pad. The new pad model # is VD 355. Unfortunately due to
    time we were only able to produce one compound of pad so far. Because the
    majority of our supported race teams use the Super RJL, not the RJL, that is
    the pad that was produced first. VD 355 SRJL is available from Trackside
    Racers Supply now. VD 355 RJL will be available in a few weeks.

guess that answers that.......SRJL's it is.:D

7. Gumby647

Gumby647 Señor Member

Oh sure, you'll just believe anything she says but you question me??:D :D :D

Externally the calipers look that same but the pads are different. I don't really know why they changed back to two pads since I've always been told that the four pad calipers are the go.

8. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

how do you get ahold of vesrah. All I see are japan email addresses?

9. roy826ex

Another problem, anyone got any ideas for braided brake lines on the front of this thing??? The super duper radial master cylinder is like upside down, line comes out at the bottom in a wierd sort of way. Rubber OE lines need to go!!! I need help with this thing it is way to new nothing is the way it was on my old '01.

Graves said another 2 weeks possibly on the fairing bracket. The guages were changed in '04 so the old '03 bracket for the 1000 is not a direct fit.:(

Bike is in my garage right now waiting for the process to begin. I've rode 1 mile it came with "0" on the ODO.:D

help help help help

10. roy826ex

just like mongo posted above.........

[email protected] :D

11. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

musta missed it, thanks.

12. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

Roy, you win the lotto? Have you priced those yet?:eek:

13. roy826ex

No lotto win Bill, are they that high???:confused: if they are way high I guess the stock pads will do until the RJL's become available. It desperately needs new braided lines up front ASAP. I will be a very poor man after todays orders go out for this thing.:(

14. backdraftmoto

backdraftmoto I make Nissan trucks...

brake lines

You may give Galfer a call on the brake lines since they support Yoshimura Suzuki. Supposedly all their items will be ready by next week for Daytona.

15. roy826ex

Re: brake lines

Appreciate that I have that on the schedule today, I read that last night right after I posted.:)

16. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

About $75 a card

17. roy826ex

I feel the pain already:( maybe those stock pads will get me by till the cheaper RJL's hit the market.