1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VERY rich 01 gsxr 600

Discussion in 'Tech' started by HideOut, Mar 8, 2007.

1. HideOut

HideOut Well-Known Member

My trackbike is as stated, an 01 600. It is soooo rich that when the plugs were looking bad I put new CR9E's in it and in less than 15 minutes of running they were fouled out...

The current injection control box is some small companies that uses pots to adjust low speed, accel pump and high RPM. I have been blaming this box. I disconnected it by removing the ground wire to shut it off and the bike was the same way. I drained all the gas out of it to make sure it wasnt rotten gas. There doesnt seem to be much of any differences. Is there something that could be out of adjustment Im missing? This bike supposedly ran fine at Road Atl last summer, was low sided and garaged...

Help me! :D

2. goodmatt78

goodmatt78 Well-Known Member

I don't know how that one is wired, but you might have to disconnect it all together (not just the ground) to get back to the Stock ECU mapping.

Also, try a hotter plug like a CR8E...however, if they are fouling that fast....that might not help enough.

3. jimmyg

jimmyg Well-Known Member

happend to me once turned out a small wire to my ems was pinched by the gas tank mount.