1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verizon Home internet

Discussion in 'General' started by Steak Travis, Dec 15, 2023.

1. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Anyone using verizon home internet? What's the catch? Cheaper than xfinity and they are offering an xbox series X now.

2. Glenntly

Glenntly Member

FiOS or the 5G (millimeter wace) wireless stuff? Had nothing but problems with the 5G setup, from 4 install visits to multiple daily drops that were logged but no one would even attempt to fix, to being charged for equipment I never had when canceling. Never had a worse experience, and there's literally no one you can get on the phone that has a functioning brain, which makes it all the more frustrating. Wasted probably $500 trying to switch and save a few bucks, never even got to the point of ditching the old service since the Verizon connection couldn't stay up a full work day.

Steak Travis likes this.
  3. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I was wondering why they keep upping the carrots to switch

Thanks for the heads up

4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I have the Verizon cube and have never had an issue. I'm in the stix so my options are limited.

cincigp likes this.
  5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

If it makes you feel any better it is not any easier dealing with Verizon when you are selling and supporting the hardware they are using to run those millimeter wave wireless links. Just like anything else. Some of the staff is sharp and useful. Most of them aren't.

6. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I have the 5G internet at my house. It works fine for us, but we don't stream a lot of stuff, or at least not on more than 2 devices at a time.

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

If you talking FiOS, it's the best thing.

8. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

We're in the stix but have a tower on the farm, T-Mobile has a 5G home internet box for @ $50 per month.
    We've had it 2 years with only 2 or 3 interruptions when towers were down or getting upgraded to 5G.
    If you got signal it's a sweet deal

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  9. cincigp

cincigp Well-Known Member

Same here. We have had it for a few years now and have had a total of 2 outages that were a few hours each in that time. The biggest down side is the limit to the number of devices that can be connected, but I hooked our old wireless router up to it and just use that and it hasn't been an issue.

10. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Since I retired I hear everything sucks now.:crackup::crackup::crackup:

11. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

If AT&T Fiber is available, that would be my choice. Almost zero downtime.