1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vehicle tracking systems

Discussion in 'General' started by JBraun, Apr 22, 2019.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I'm currently tracking my field technicians through our dispatching software. It uses the GPS location of their iPad to display their location on a map, but it does not work if the iPad is out of data range or if the technician forgets to change his status from "driving" to "working".

I'm switching to something that is vehicle based and can keep track of mileage for maintenance and fuel consumption.

Leaning toward Argotrak right now but I'm interested in other options if anyone has a recommendation.

2. biggenyz426

biggenyz426 too big to fail

I use a system called iGotcha which is a CallPass product. CallPass may have other products that are better for your application. We put them on customer vehicles when they do a car loan with us. I have previously used units from a company called Goldstar. The Goldstar units are good but installing the iGotcha units is easier. I don't know anything about Argotrak but some light googling should help you compare.

JBraun likes this.
  3. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

We had the Verizon Hum system in our Verizon work vehicles, tracks mileage for maintenance and GPS for location history.

JBraun likes this.
  4. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Verizon system is good from what I have heard plus you can put it together if your guys have company phones also.

JBraun likes this.
  5. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

So If I ever wind up thirsty for a new whip, but with a 400 credit score, I should look you up? :D

ChemGuy likes this.
  6. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I'm guessing: "Buy here, pay here"

TZ250lover likes this.
  7. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Don't be late with your payment, or it won't start.

8. biggenyz426

biggenyz426 too big to fail

Lol, yup. It's gonna cost you though.

JBraun likes this.