1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vegas and Summit Point....

Discussion in 'General' started by Czar, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

April is here and racing is revving up.....April 20th and 21st will have our first two event weekend - the Pirelli/WERA West Sportsman presented by Lucas Oil round at Las Vegas Classic Course which will have Racersedge Practice on Friday and Pirelli/WERA Sportsman at Summit Point Raceway. Both of these are double header events - Sportsman Sprints, Points, Trophies and most contingency both days for the travel of one weekend. The weather for Vegas is looking great and Summit Point looks like 50s and dry so all in all good weekends to come out and race! Pre-entry for Saturday closes midnight tonight and Sunday closes midnight Monday night - so take advantage of on-line entry for these events.

2. Pure Sportbikes

Pure Sportbikes www.puresportbikes.com

Is there a daily schedule for Summit somewhere? Couldn't find it on the site...

3. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

It's posted. Under the schedule tab on the main wera . com page. It's the 2nd listing.

4. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, main page at wera.com, then click "Schedules", then the event schedule you want to look at.

Also just a warning to all - the Sunday night of which Evelyne speaks is tonight. So after midnight eastern you won't be able to pre enter the Saturday events.

6. Pure Sportbikes

Pure Sportbikes www.puresportbikes.com

Thx! Yea, I'm spam for sure. WTF.

For some reason stupid Safari wouldn't let me click the blue links for each race day, I thought they were just event date listings. Tried to find it all day yesterday lol. Just pulled it up on my mobile.

Not chasing points but I'm looking forward to a few WERA race weekends this year. If I can make it this Sunday I'll be gunning guys down from the back of the pack =p

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think they meant the original post not yours :)

8. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

Umm, yeah. Shoulda used quotes.

9. KK352

KK352 Well-Known Member

So effing stoked to have a race weekend on fall on a WARM weekend!!!!

Highs in the mid/high 80s for Vegas!!! WoooooHooooo!!! Nothing I enjoy more than running around half nekkid, enjoying the heat, and smell of race fuel!

Now... as long as my bike doesn't overheat, and my footpegs don't burn my feet... it'll be a great weekend :beer:

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Warm? That shit is hot! :D

11. earacing

earacing Race Dad

I'd like to encourage any friends of Kenny to come out this weekend. WERA has graciously allowed us to do some memorial laps on his 125. Peter Yates will be the pilot. After this weekend I'll be cleaning the bike up and putting it somewhere in the house next to the pocket bike he won his first championship on.

[​IMG]

12. KK352

KK352 Well-Known Member

VERY COOL :)

I was hoping we'd do something really cool for him this weekend... I figured a moment of silence during the riders meeting, but this is awesome... maybe we can all join in the memorial lap, and follow the 125... but I can see that going wrong really fast ... so probably not... I'll be on the wall to watch.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, yeah, we're not putting everyone on track for a memorial lap sorry.... Cain't rust racers :;)