1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

various endurance questions

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by BrianRenn, Dec 21, 2001.

1. BrianRenn

BrianRenn Well-Known Member

first of all, i am new to endurance and some of these questions may sound dumb... just deal with me for a few. Oh, and I have an SV.
    1. Dry Brake- Who are most people buying there own dry brake systems through? I found them in Lockheart Phillips, are those the ones you see most of the time on the track?

2. For the SV, shouldn't I be able to get through a six hr race on one set of tires? If so, what compound are you guys using?

Any info would be appriciated.
    B

2. rfknight

rfknight P-Star

1. I may be wrong, but I don't know of any SV teams using dry brakes. The fittings alone are around $500 per set and you have to have a custom tank made in order to use them. All the teams I've seen running SVs use Acerbis type refueling rigs that mate with the stock fuel caps.

2. Probably, but you always want a spare rear at the ready.

3. slobo

slobo Well-Known Member

2. For the SV, shouldn't I be able to get through a six hr race on one set of tires? If so, what compound are you guys using?

Any info would be appriciated.
    B[/B][/QUOTE]

couple years ago we did 24 hour race with 5 sets of tires on SV.we used hardest michelin slicks we could get.race was at willows which is hard on tires.some teams had tires delaminate,explode or whatever did happen in much less time than 5 hours we were getting out of tires.
    depending on track,weather and tires you may make it but I would not count on it.

4. Greg Williams

Greg Williams Old & slow

We've been running a SV in both the CMRA and RPM endurance series for two years. Modify your cap with a Dremel tool to open further and use the Acerbis rig. We've run hard Michelin slicks and find that as long as the suspension is set up properly that we can get six hours. As an experiment, we ran one front for two four hour races (including Texas Motor Speedway) and it wasn't until the last hour of the second race that it went off on us. We're old farts but we typically finish somewhere between second and fourth in class. Welding up quick release shift linkage helped this year as we're too old to change shift patterns and one of us shifts GP and the other street.