1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V7MW Smack Down 2017!

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by nhammond54, Oct 27, 2017.

1. nhammond54

nhammond54 Hammond Brothers Racing

One week from today this will be back up for grabs!! 1509120184350-978706846.jpg

VFR#52 likes this.
  2. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I'm gonna bump up with my ex500 and steal yo hat

3. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Best of luck to all the V7 guys at GNF.
    Be safe and see you next yr.

Steven Isenhower #52

nhammond54 likes this.
  4. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Keep it safe and keep it clean! Best of luck!

nhammond54 and VFR#52 like this.
  5. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I want to see racers beating on each other for this.

nhammond54 likes this.
  6. nhammond54

1509974860239308738027.jpg
    Back in its rightful spot!! In the South! Until next year!

sPatlovich1, TurboBlew, TLR67 and 2 others like this.
  7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Congrats Norm! Great talking with you guys... I hope Lane is doing well...

nhammond54, lanehammond and VFR#52 like this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

How is Lane now it's a few days later?

Wheel Bearing and VFR#52 like this.
  9. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Hoping he's alright. Nasty crash. I hit his bike, but I'm guessing he'd rather me hit his bike than him.

lanehammond and VFR#52 like this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I totally agree with that choice!

11. lanehammond

lanehammond Well-Known Member

I'm sore as hell.. not how I wanted to end my championship run.. was a fun race.. broke my collarbone bone( will have surgery next week most likely) punctured a lung and bruised some ribs.. ill live just don't feel like I will at the moment. Would have preferred not to make you have that decision but thanks for not hitting me john hope you and your bike are good.

VFR#52 likes this.
  12. lanehammond

Congratulations on the championship wish we could had a better battle

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sucks for sure but glad it wasn't worse!

14. Wheel Bearing

Dude you came out the gate flying. You built up a big gap on me in the first 2-3 laps and I thought there was no fucking way I could catch you. But having done the math before the weekend, I knew that I had nothing to lose because if you got 1st you would have taken the title by 1 point. And I'm not going to be doing a whole lot of riding next year (job getting in the way, so you're welcome in advance for my absence in 2018), so quite frankly I didn't care if I wrecked trying to catch you. LOL.

I caught a draft from you on the front straight and that's when I made the move going into T1. I knew as soon as I went into there, the only real passing spot was going to be going into T5. I was just waiting for you to pass me because I know I'm shitty on the brakes into that corner. You were forced to go way tight because of the Novice, and it totally screwed up your exit drive. Your rear tire made three big 'pumps' as it was breaking loose, the first couple I was like "yes! he'll have to chop the throttle and this is my chance to pass him here"....except you didn't let off at all. The 3rd time the tire broke loose, all hell broke loose and next thing I know you're doing a super man on the bike. I target fixated on your bike for a second too long instead of looking for an exit, I would have missed it completely otherwise. I stopped by your pit a few times to check up on you, but I missed you and the last time I checked you had already packed up and left. Bike didn't look bad at all, given the wreck.

I know I would have passed you back again if you had stayed on the bike because spinning up your rear would have killed your drive for sure...but it would have been a coin toss as to what the rest of the 1.5 laps would have been like. To be honest, kind of a shitty way to win, I was expecting a close battle to the end. But it was a very non-eventful win, to end the race on a red flag.

We checked out on the rest of the grid something awful though. :crackup:

VFR#52 likes this.
  15. lanehammond

I thought I had a good gap so I was kinda on cruise control till you came by me I was like oo shit where'd he come from. That novice cut back hard is what got me.. it would have been a interesting 2 laps.. we will do it again I'm sure.. we ran identical times to burns...

VFR#52 likes this.
  16. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yes you guys did.... That was my last V8 WERA Race the TLR... Heck WERA All together for it... I was starting in the 2nd to last row and right of the start your 1000's were gone... Still had fun though....

lanehammond likes this.
  17. Wheel Bearing

That dude on the blue CBR 600 was a demon on the start. I saw him in the paddock looking at the grids, and he was like "Yeah I'll see you guys at the start but you'll check out on me soon after"...as soon as the race started I was like "holy fuck this guy isn't kidding...how in the hell did he just beat me on a start riding a 600...a fuckin' CBR 600!!!"

18. lanehammond

That was a impressive start for the cbr idk where on the grid he was but dang that was quick

VFR#52 likes this.
  19. nhammond54

I have a huge bruise on my right arm from the guy on the CBR600. In the V8MW race he got a good start too...but I went around him on the outside coming out of 2. He came over on me and I almost took the bars out of his hands with my shoulder and arm!

VFR#52 likes this.
  20. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Burns..This year,or last year?