1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V7mw question

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by ChuckS, Apr 12, 2011.

1. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

'95-ish Ducati 900SS....V7MW, right?

the FRB sez....
    Vintage 7 Mediumweight
    Pre 1996 4-stroke multi cylinder up to 650cc.
    Pre 1996 4-stroke air cooled twins up to 1200cc.
    Pre 1996 4-stroke water cooled twins up to 800cc.
    All Honda CBR600F3 regardless of year, Kawasaki ZX6R up to 1997, Ducati 748 up to 2000 in Superstock trim other than tires and rims, Buells - steel frames, no FI bikes, all years, stock displacement.
    Exclusions: No machine eligible for D Superbike, 125GP, or Clubman classes will be allowed to bump-up to V 7.

I guess the reason I ask is the specific mention of the 748 restricted to SS trim.
    Bike I'm asking about is stock motored with suspension upgrades.
    I'm an old slow fat guy that wants to come play.

2. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

as the rules above state its under a 1200cc air cooled twin so i would think it was good to go in 7mw & hw....

3. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

You can punch that old girl out and superbike it and still be legal for mw. I'll give my 748 a shot here before long....I'm in the fat/old/slow category so I'll look for you out there. It's good to have a full figured drafting partner.

4. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

Sweet. Thinking about Barber for the debut, y'all coming?

5. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

RRR should be my first round.....no bodywork on it, and I am working on plugging a fuel leak.....lol. Good luck, have fun!

6. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

June Roebling? 2011?:D You better! Hope & Sarah want to go to Uncle Bubba's on Tybee Saturday night; bring your girls for the weekend.:beer:

7. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

June Roebling......yup, that's the plan...........got a bunch of things still to do before then, but I should make it. How's that Honda heap treating ya?\\:beer:

8. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

That heap may give you a run for your pasta cash!

9. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

I mean "heap" in a nice way..........don't be so sensative............shessshh. If you sold it, I'm figuring you kept the runner of the two.........besides I'm coming after your HWT belt champ.........speaking of belt......

Newman picked up a belt for you..........just gotta run to Boiling Springs to "customize" it for you Howie.

10. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Dennis how far away from Chuck are you? Gonna be up there Friday.

11. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Coming after a belt that I have not even seen yet? Can't wait to see it and try it on!

Dyle, I hear you have a real nice F3 tail coming your way.

12. Dyle

And matching paint job too. I cant wait. Ive always spent the dollars on the kid's racing bikes and neverr my own. So Chuck is hooking me up on the mack daddy paint job. Im exctited.

Howie did you find those cameras?

13. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

He will do a great job for you! As anyone that has seen my bike, he does great work! He is going to fix me up too! What paint scheme are you going with?

Yeah, I followed the link for the cameras. I have not ordered any yet.

14. Dyle

Howie youll probably see it b4 I do. But yes your bike was very nice. So I cant wait to see mine when its done.
    Even if you dont buy one Ill be at RRR in June I think so Ill have a camera for everybike on our grid.

15. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

If chuck doesnt keep a good eye on his paint gun, I'm going with the pretty pony motif for Howie and a hello kitty theme for dyle......lol.

Grid up ladies....I think I smell a smack down in Savannah.....lol
    :beer:

16. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

I'll be the slow guy in the back watching it all from afar :Pop:

17. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Lol....me too Woody! I just want to call out all the players & pimps....old school and new kids to pad the grid and fill the paddock for at least one round. It's all good!

18. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Hello Kitty huh? You couldn't come up with something better than that?:Poke:

WOODY! I like that! Woody it is!!:up:

19. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

My daughter likes pretty ponies and hello kitty.....I'm just trying to make her happy....lol.

20. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Dont tell him Dyle! Its a secret and you will see it unvailed at a track lol....

I can tell you one thing, Dyle didnt want anything to do with that orange fender crap:Poke:

Damn, I think we have thread jacked this guy......Sorry!