1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V7HW Rules

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by WERA854, Apr 6, 2012.

1. WERA854

WERA854 Well-Known Member

Mongo
    Before I put any more money into the RC51 I want make sure it's legal in V7HW IAW CH9 Superstock restrictions. I don't know if the windscreen is OEM (I'm pretty sure the Corbin seat isn't ;)). It's not a 'Double Bubble' but it's a groovy dark tinted model with a slightly raised curve in the center...no logos or other identifying features:

Dunno if Honda offered any optional screens or if it's aftermarket. Maybe some here knows? Object now, or forever waive your right to protest me later. :D

[​IMG]

2. I won't protest your Corbin seat. That thing has to be 10 pounds heavier than the stock one. You going to run the turn signals too?

3. WERA854

The point of using the existing parts is certainly not for any competitive advantage, but is strictly in keeping with the V7 philosophy of spending the least possible amount of money on the bike. :up:

So far, so good. Modified a Penske from an old MZ racebike for the back-end...the only real money is the RaceTech front end. Got a nice set of flimsy race bodywork for half price, minus the seat. Some Chinese levers/bars will do nicely, but haven't quite figured out a rear set arrangement yet.

I was going to run the turn-signals, Brian, until I read the RB closely and found out that clear tape is out - so what's the point if no one can see my signals? :( Still undecided about the horn.

4. jimfowler

jimfowler Well-Known Member

pretty sure that thing ain't oem. dunno about legality but if you can't actually see through it that might cause a problem. i have a lightly-tinted zero gravity double-bubble on my f3 and tech has never said anything about it.

either way get it done and head over to summit point!

- jim

5. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

I would not protest your Corbin seat or windscreen. I would not protest a 2001 aprilia either.....just sayin....lol.

6. WERA854

The screen would only a problem for bikes indexed in with Superstock restrictions, so I need to figure out if this one's a Honda option or not. I know manufacturers offer different sizes/style options for lots of bikes.

Summit's a long shot, but I might just show up to spectate & help out.

7. WERA854

I'm not prone to protesting things like this either, but I like to make sure my bike's protest-proof...AHRMA makes you very careful that way. ;)

8. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

We've already had a couple of RC51 sightings down south. Here's a poor soul hanging out with two very reputable gentlemen. lol

Attached Files:

9. That windshield looks like stock dimensions to me. Probably chinese knock off. Leavethe rear turn signals on and make sure the left one is flashing as you make your laps.

10. WERA854

So you're saying I'm overqualified for Senior Sportbike? :D

11. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

When I first started racing Melch and Chip Mayfield told me I should leave the horn on my little Hurricane 600 and as the year went on I found it to be fun to use when everyone else had checked out on me. Rolling down Road Atlanta's T6 and blowing the horn at the people watching. Then get it home and change the front fairing and ride it to work on Monday.